CAN ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT RESPIT CARE .

THE COUNTY IS SENDING ONE OF MY FOSTER BOYS BACK TO THE BIO MOM .I WILL BE ADDOPTING THE OTHER .THIS WILL BE A 2 MO. TRIAL AND THE COUNTY HAS TOLD ME I WILL BE DOING RESPIT. IM NOT SURE WHAT THAT INVOLVES. ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS? I WOULD VERY INTRESTED TO HEAR FROM YOU.

mom3898

Asked by mom3898 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

• Hmm...respite care means that you are watching the child while the mother/father take a break. Usually, it's foster care to foster care that do respite. For example, you have a foster child with special needs and once a month you require a break, so another foster family would take that child for the weekend to give you that break. I don't think I've ever heard of a BM getting respite care. I would be curious as to why the BM would be getting a break once a month?!
    LizClara

Answer by LizClara at 11:48 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• yeah i have never heard of the BP's getting respite either. that is weird!
    katelynnsmommy1

Answer by katelynnsmommy1 at 2:25 AM on Oct. 9, 2008