for those whos hubbys truck drive????

My husband does over the road is gone for 6 weeks at a time. My question is would i get to see him more if we moved to where the headquarters is??? They have a few in other states but the have a MAIN one on the east coast!

anfisasmommy

Asked by anfisasmommy at 12:10 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• You might. he should be able to answer that for you - where does he spend most of his time? Have him map out where his last 6 weeks were spent driving and maybe if there is something in the middle, you could move there and he would pass through more often. When my dh drove truck, we did live where his headquarters was and this is where he would drop the load and get a new one.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 2:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i would say check out and see if he is there most of time but be careful lately some of the trucking industry has shut down around here we had to shut our doors last year. i was going to move a few years ago to Fargo to be close to where he worked but he was terminated and got a job closer to home. I got to see him every weekend and sometimes through the week.
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 3:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• You might but then again you might now. It all depends on the company he works for. Big Name companies, most likey no... Your best bet is to wait until hes got three years of driving under his belt & have him look for a smaller company to work for. I got lucky & my hubby wasn't gone for that long of a time.. But Most truckers are, big named company's do that.

What company does he drive for. I can talk to my hubby...
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 7:20 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• He just got a job with covenant trucking
    anfisasmommy

Comment by anfisasmommy (original poster) at 10:21 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I can show you a way to get him off the road for good. Contact me if you want more information.
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 10:27 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Maybe?
    It all depends on if he wants that.
    My Husband dose that to.
    But we like were we live.
    Becouse the schools are good.
    and the weather is fair.
    But hey if it works for you go for it.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 5:54 PM on Aug. 26, 2010