if you are in a relationship (but NOT married) & live together

how do the bills get paid? who pays for stuff, including fun stuff like going out to eat? do you guys have a joint checking account? He pays the rent, you pay the utilities? He pays for everything? how does it work for YOU?

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 12:22 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• before we were married we split half and half on the bills. Whoever suggested going out to eat paid.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:24 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• He pays everything. I don't work but stay home with the kids. And yes, we have a joint checking acct. Both of our names are on everything.
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I'm a pregnant SAHM for our baby girl. And he pays for everything and deals with the money. It all works out.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 12:26 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Usally it was who ever was getting paid when the bill needed to be paid. To us it was all our money. We'd both put money aside for rent and that was more like 50/50. When we would have extra money we decided how it got spent on what or just put it aside for next month.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 12:26 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• When my husband and I lived together for five years before marrying; I had my own income and he had his. We still have separate checking accounts, our own vehicles, I am a SAHM now, I do deliveries for extra money now, but I did change my last name to his though. Pretty much the same as when we lived together before marriage, except I am a SAHM now - who does deliveries during my dd's school hours.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 12:27 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• when we lived together we each had our own bank accounts and paid our own way, half the bills etc.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:28 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• We have a joint account and all our money goes into it and the bills come out of it.
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 12:29 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• we do it 50/50 for bills and when it comes to going out and haven fun its mostly my man he likes to pay for stuff like that but i like to surprise him by paying especially for his own activities like fishing on a boat
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Well mostly he pays all the bills but I just started working a month ago. We have seperate accounts. If I need anything I just take his card or vice verses. Right now we are playing catch up so once we get caught up things will be better!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I am a stay at home mom with our kids and he pays the bills
    ladybugky88

Answer by ladybugky88 at 1:34 PM on Aug. 23, 2010