Egg recall

Any one else know about this? Well of course you must...we don't have cable but it's getting a lot of talk... the numbers so far are 550 million eggs recalled with 10,000 sick... so now we can't eat eggs anymore...

how is stuff like this able to get into the public...THEN recalled??

I say time for stricter laws, hasn't there been a lot of recalls with our food in the last months?

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Asked by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No factory produced poultry products and meat products are entirely safe, as shown by the frequency of recalls and the warnings on some products, especially hamburger, about cooking . It is not just bacterial infection but also the widespread and excessive use of antibiotics, hormones and pesticides in corporate agriculture.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:49 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• What I don;t understand is HOW are people getting sick....are they eating raw eggs and not washing their hands before and after preparing meals?! I think it's fair to assume that MOST uncooked, or unwashed foods contain bacteria and pesticides, but by simply washing said food and hands, we eliminate the majority of the bacteria!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:31 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• lorikeet.... i think the problem is that it is also on the shells so basically anytime you touch the egg at all there is risk of contamination\

***
    Right. And why don't people wash their hands after handling raw eggs before putting their fingers in their mouth?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My eggs weren't affected.
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• well our eggs were a brand that was recalled, but they only recalled the 6, 12 and 18 count sizes, and we buy it in flats, so ours were not affected. you could always buy eggs from the farmer's market.... they don't have the same disgusting conditions that the factories do.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:26 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Salmonela is cooked out. I don't think our eggs are effected.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:34 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• lorikeet.... i think the problem is that it is also on the shells so basically anytime you touch the egg at all there is risk of contamination
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I think there is salmonela (sp) in them.. atleast thats what i am hearing....not sure if that can be "cooked" out...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Comment by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 (original poster) at 12:33 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Ugh, i find it all horrible... IMO someone isnt doing their job correctly, and something should be done about it.. How are things like this starting to become a regular...I get like toys or something being found unsafe... but our food?

Makes me wonder what's next... mad cow disease... or something in our water....

haha maybe a little over dramatic but shoot, it's very possible, and by the time the public would know, tons of ppl would be sick...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Comment by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 (original poster) at 12:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I don't even know what brand of eggs have been recalled. I bought some at HEB and I'm not worried about them being on the list. HEB is much to diligent to sell bad eggs. I guess I will give up my eggs on cheese enchiladas for Saturday breakfast though.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 23, 2010