a question about church

Do you go regularly? Did you have to go to a few diffrent churches to find a good fit for your family?

okmommy08

Asked by okmommy08 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• yes, we go regularly. and yes, we had to search for a proper fit. dh and i come from different church backgrounds, and we've both had to compromise on a few 'points', in order to attend one church. every now and then, we'll hit up an episcopal church, just because dh 'misses' it. i miss my home church, too, but it matters more to me that we are united..the church is just a building/certain group of people. IMO
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:34 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i moved from nj to md and i have not been able to find a church within mydenomination down here that i like. when i lived in nj i went every sunday, except when i was on bedrest lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I am currently looking for my new "home" church. The one that I went to, and still love, is a little over an hour from my house now, so too far : (. But, yes I think it is completely normal to try a few until you find the one that fits!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:32 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Yes, and yes. :) We searched for a while probably 4 different churches till we found one that truly felt like a home that we wanted to be part of for many years to come.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 12:33 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Yes we go every week. No we did not church shop.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• We do go regularly, and changing churches is always hard. It requires much prayer and waiting on God to find the one where your family should be. Sometimes, God wants us to be in one where we can receive what we need, but more often than not, He wants us in one that needs our talents and gifts. We often forget this when we are looking!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• We do go to Mass regularly every Sunday, and we try our best to attend the other Holy Days of Obligation that are not on Sunday, such as All Saints Day (Nov 1st), too. Our kids attend Sunday School, and our oldest attends Youth Group, during the school year. I am involved with a couple of the ministries, and hope to get DH involved in a Scripture Study class that is new this Fall, but it may be at an inconvenient time.

When we first moved to this city 7 years ago, we did hop around to a several different parishes. Two were our favorite - St Hyacinth and St Thomas. After a year of alternating Sunday Mass between the two, we finally chose to register @ St Thomas. Once in a while we will go to St Hyacinth for Mass instead.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 2:10 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I have been to many of all different faiths and have yet to find one to fit me. My family well DH is atheist and the kids we are not introducing to any religion until they are old enough to understand the concept.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i used to go when i was a kid. but had so many people die that i have lost faith. but would like to get back into it.
    kaykaylane

Answer by kaykaylane at 11:04 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My family goes to church every Sabbath (Saturday). We did not "church shop" because we wanted to go to the church that shares our beliefs, so we chose the Seventh Day Adventist church.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 1:03 PM on Aug. 23, 2010