Want help on my child's condition.

My child is 6 years old. He was diagnosed with cerebral palsy and seizure disorder at a week old. He can't walk, talk, and because of the crebral palsy can't grab anything. He can barely hold his head up for 10 seconds. The doctors have told me idf he didn't progress at all by the time he was 5 years old, he would never do anything for himself. My being a parent to only one child, I don't want to hear that every time he visits the doctor. Does anyone have information on any of these conditions or have experienced something similar to this?

JALECMOMMY

Asked by JALECMOMMY at 12:31 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Health

• How much Therapy is he in? What do his therapist feel?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• No personal experience here, but is he getting therapy? I'm really sorry mama, it must be really hard.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 12:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I am so sorry.. you must be very strong - I can't imagine what you must be feeling and going through. I hope this site helps give you support and you will find some help.. I don't even know how to help you - but I wish you the best of luck *hugs*
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I have a son that had developmental disabilities. Every day must be such a struggle for you. My son did better than the doctors said he would. There may be hope of breakthrough treatments in the future.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:39 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• He is getting therapy twice a week and they really don't see much improvement. It is just hard to be a full-time working mom when all I want to do is get answers to my questions and spend all the time that I can with my little one. Thank You to the ones that have answered so far.
    JALECMOMMY

Comment by JALECMOMMY (original poster) at 1:15 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I would research if it might be possible for you to be home with him. I am sure it is expensive to have someone taking care of him. There maybe a program that will help allow you to be home with him. I am so sorry you are going through this and you little boy too. Give him lots of love and hugs.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2010