Do you have alot of books sitting around that you no longer read or want?

I found an awesome site I would like to share totally free!! You list your books and send to whoever wants them then you get a credit for each book then you can get books you want to read. I have no affiliation with them its just been so much fun to get rid of old books and get new ones back. paperbackswap.com

okmommy08

Asked by okmommy08 at 12:32 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I am a member of them too and they are pretty awesome.
    Great way to get books for almost nothing but the shipping to others!
    misunderstood1

Answer by misunderstood1 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• neato but i cannot bear to part with my books.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• We have thousands of books. my MIL is a librarian and my husband and I are both AVID readers.

That IS fun. I usually sell them at yard sales, they always sell. If not then I bring them to Goodwill or list them on Freecycle. I checking into that book swap, but didn't want to pay for shipping.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• that's cool,thanks!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:34 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Cool thanks! I have so many books just laying around.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 12:34 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I love this site - I have used them and love them!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 12:41 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I'm a member there too, nickname the same as my screen name here. Makes it easier to remember :-) I've sent and got so many books off there. In fact, I'm waiting for one to come in now and am mailing 3 more tomorrow :-) Love it!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:52 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Also cool are the partner sites for CDs and DVDs. You can switch credits from one to the other you just have to join.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I thought about joining in the past because it is a great idea. I used to belong to book clubs and had crap loads of books. I wanted a library in my house of hardback books. I had hundreds of paperback books too. Then I discovered that it was crazy to pay that much for a book that you usually only read once. So, I sold almost all of my books. I kept my favorite cookbooks, and huge book on the Art History and my witchy collection because they are all reference material. I still read like crazy... but, I get mine from the library...for free! I order the books I want to read (or cds, dvds) on line and they gather them up and have them ready at any branch I want. Best part is, I have an exemption on my card as an educator because I was teaching my son preschool at home...that means no due dates! I love the library!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:15 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• That's a cool site. Thanks for sharing!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 23, 2010