Did you make it to your due date?

How much sooner/later did your baby come? Were you induced? Scheduled c-section or did you go into labor naturally? And subsequent births? Did you have a condition that influenced when/how you gave birth?

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Both mine were completely natural non-medicated hospital births. The first was 10 days early and the second was 5 days early. I did nothing at home to induce either. I know my due dates were correct because I was charting and knew when I ovulated and that is how due date was determined not by last menstrual period because that date would have been much different and made my children late not early.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:04 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Naturally went into labor with my first. The second I thought my water had broken and it didn't, so I was eventually induced. Due to contractions and labor not coming on fast enough to keep me at the hospital, which is where they wanted me.
    I did get pitocin with my first to move things along though.
    But niether were induced due to scheduling.
    My son was one day early and my daughter was four days early.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:48 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• 2 days after my EDD. So on time. Went into labor completely on my own. No conditions influenced. I went into labor and had him 7 hours later. Only one though, so, no subsequent births to compare to.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• With DS he was 10 days late I went into labor and ended up with an ER c-sec
    With DD I was scheduled BUT I was having contractions when I went in so she would have been 4 days early.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• with my first i had severe pre-eclampsia and they tried to induce me at 36 weeks, but it failed so i had a c-section. with the second i was trying for a v-bac, but got a c-section at 40 weeks because i was not showing any progress of any kind lol. the third i just gave up and scheduled a c-section for 38 or 39 weeks... can't remember exactly lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:39 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• nope. Induced for preeclampsia at 39w1d. dd was born 15 hours after the induction started, no c-section for me :)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:39 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My 1st was born 5 days before my due date.
    My 2nd was born at 36 weeks. I was induced. My Dr couldn't lt the pregnancy go on any longer, I was too sick. My liver was in bad shape and shutting down.
    My 3rd was born 3 weeks and 6 days early. She came on her own.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 12:39 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Tess was due Christmas Day and I had her Nov 9th. I developed severe preeclampsia at 33 weeks, and the BP/inducement drugs caused fetal distress. I had my daughter by c-section about 14 hours after diagnosis.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I have two daughters. My first one was naturally but was was 10 days over my due date. I had no epidural or anything like that. Totally natural. I guess the lamaze really helped. I did it the whole time. I was in labor for 4 hours. My second one I was induced partly after being 7 days over my due date. I was given this pill that gets your cervix ready for birth and that alone started my contractions. I wasn't given the medicine throught the IV to induce, didn't end up needing it. I tried to have her naturally too without epidural, but I couldn't handle it. The pains seemed way worse that the first time. I had to get the epidural. Made it so much easier.
    Avon_Girlie

Answer by Avon_Girlie at 12:41 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Opps, I didn't have a c-section with any of my kids. I thought I was with my 3rd. Her heart rate was dropping.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 12:41 PM on Aug. 23, 2010