First day of school..How did it go for you?

For some moms, it's the first time they had to deal with the whole "my kid's in school now" thing!!
Today was my 5-yo's first day of Kindergarten. She didn't go to preschool so I was really emotional about this. Plus, I was affrad she wouldn't want to let go of my hand. Little did I know...
We walked into her classroom, she looked around and said "I don't see any other parents, I think you better leave now mommy". And I was all like "are you sure? I can stick around a little longer if you'd like me to. It's ok to be scared"
And she said "why would I be scared of a room full of kids my age and toys?"

So yeah, I'm happy she's brave but I'm a little heartbroken she's growing up!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in

• awww...My oldest started 2nd grade and my middle child kinder. We started our 5th week today. My kids did go to preschool but I was still emotional with my oldest. To me preschool is just that preschool and not a big deal. I don't view it as real school so kinder is harder on me! I was fine with my middle child a little nervous for her because she comes from a montessori school so hoped she could adapt ok! All is going well though.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:45 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My daughter is going to kindergarten this year too, but school doesn't start until September 6th here!!
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 12:45 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• lol, today was my son's first day of kindergarten too (he didn't go to pre-school either). i was curious to see how he would do getting on the bus, but he got on and sat down and waved. no tears or anything. i haven't had a call from his teacher, so i'll assume he's fine! i will find out at 2:00 when he gets back home! so excited!!!!!!! my hubby was the heartbroken one lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:46 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Aw.. My son started kindergarten August 10. I was afraid he would cry and not want to stay. He almost cried, but he didn't. He tells me not to walk to him his room lmao. I guess I embarrass him. My oldest is in 4th grade.
    My son went to preschool, so that helped some. He had only 12 other kids in his preschool class, and in his kindergarten class there is 23 kids. He was confused at first. He's just used to dealing with so many kids. There is almost 100 kids in kindergarten this year and that's a lot for a small town school.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 12:48 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• See, K4 and K5 weren't that big of a deal for me, almost like daycare... but first grade.. WOW. I cried the night before school started while I was putting together his bookbag and lunch.. :(
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 1:04 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I guess now it would be yesterday since its 1:43am. Honestly it was frustrating. This is my oldest DS 2nd year of preschool. He has to ride the bus, because he goes to school from 10:45-3:45pm and DH leaves for work at 2pm. Which means no car. In the morning I waiting from 10:10am-10:40am outside with DS for the bus. Which never showed up. And then once I got to the school the teacher tells me the bus driver sat outside my house for 10 minutes. Which is impossible. I met all his teachers, that went well. And then again after school the bus was late by 20 minutes. He's supposed to get dropped off by 3:55pm and didn't get home until 4pm something. I was getting ready to call the school when the bus pulled up. Then the driver couldn't tell me when the morning bus or afternoon bus would be coming. Why can't we just have 2 cars ugh!
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 2:47 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• She might be clingy next week when the new wears off.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My 13 yo started High School. It was good she said. All her friends from Jr. High were there so she was happy. Oh how I remember being a Freshman and in a different school.
    Denise2000

Answer by Denise2000 at 11:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I have 2 3rd graders now.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 6:44 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

Next question in
Goddard School has any one tryed it?

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
spit or swallow adult content