5 month old

Will not go down to sleep well anymore. She does not want to be rocked. She will claw and screan. If you put her down, she rolls around screaming. Any ideas on what to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like she might be getting to the point of self soothing if you only let her fuss 5 minutes and then she is qucikly comforted.. The crying should get less and less. Don't go in sooner than 5 minutes and see how it goes.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:16 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Is she teething?
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 1:00 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• sounds similar to something my son went through when he was 8 months old. Turned he had double ear infections! Maybe that's it? As soon as the infection got cleared up, he went back to being the calm, good sleeper he had always been. GL
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 1:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• is she teething? tummy problems ?if it is out of the blue she my be in pain.

Phianabismoma

Answer by Phianabismoma at 1:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• She is just about 2 weeks into sleeping unswaddled. If i let her cry/fuss for about 5 min and go in there she will end up falling asleep in my arms. I just dont like having to let her cry. I oftern have to go in her room at night to calm her down and get her back to sleep. I dont think she is teething or sick....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Take the baby for a check up if tylenol don't work.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:34 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Is it possible that she is having problems self soothing? Babies need to learn this and it can be difficult. However, if it seems like she is in pain schedule an appt. maybe she does have an ear infection. If not. the Doc can give you sleep suggestions!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 1:41 PM on Aug. 23, 2010