Do your kids know exactly what to say to make your heart melt??

My sons do. They are 6 and 8 and every time I'm mad at them or they want something from me, they seem to know EXACTLY what I need to hear to give in what they want lol!!

As for my 9-month-old daughter.. She still only needs to smile at me to make my problems seem tiny!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• YES!! Especially when they sing a rendition of...

"I love you, mom,
    I love you, mom.
    Yes, I do!
    Yes, I do!
    You are ve-ry special,
    You are ve-ry special,
    I love you!
    Yes I do!"

(sung to the tune "Where is Thumbkin?")

It's extra special because they have autism and sing it while using sign language! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• well, probably not just yet because hes in testing mode at almost 3 but he seems to say something each day to make me melt for sure - the other day he couldn't help with something because he wasn't listening and he said "but mommy I am missing you and need to help you" ugh.. so hard to stay strong
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I used to be that way. I'm hardened to giving so easily now. It's still cute to watch them try though. Reminds me my oldest dd told me last night, for no reason at all, before bed, "mom, you really are the best mom a child could have." That was the sweetest thing ever :)
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 1:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• She gives me a soft cheek kiss and says "mom, you're the best mom a 5 girl could have!". Too sweet :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:10 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Yes, my almost 10 year old and 6 year old know what to say.

"You are the best mommy ever! I love you until the whole world busts!' Lol
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 1:22 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My DD is only 2 and her vocabulary isn't all that great, but she does randomly come up and kiss me or give hugs. I love those random snuggles too. :)
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My little ones used to say"I love you big as the sky". What a sweet thing to say just as we are starting a new day or ending it. Now that they are grown & have children of their own a simple Love you Mom is good enough/
    zoolady12

Answer by zoolady12 at 1:41 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My Son says "But Momma I really need it (toy) or I really need to.... " & his eyes well up with tears and his lower lip quivers. That's it! I'm melted! My DH just rolls his eyes and says "spoil much?" YES I Do!!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:09 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My 4 yr old dd will go but mommy I will listen if u give me it (whatever she is asking for) and my 2 yr old ds will come up and randomly kiss me and say mommy I love u more more more forever and it melts me. I mean sometimes it dont work but most of the time it does.
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 23, 2010