Kids meals.

When you go to a sit down resteraunt and you look at the kids menu does it bother you that thy have things like grilled cheese, PB&J and pasta with parm on it and still want to charge you 7 dollars for it? lol. My kids aren't allowed to order those things! I can't do it! You know how many grilled cheese I could make for 7 dollars!

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 1:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Yeah I never understood how they could charge so much for kids meals. Even the fast food places are getting outragous with their kids meals and the thing how much of the meal is the kid really going to eat anyway? Some restraunts have a "2nd plate" fee, I have seen this happening alot where places will charge 4 or 5 bucks for a 2nd plate because alot of people do ask for one entree and 2 plates
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 2:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I usually get my entree and ask for a second plate since I rarely eat all of my own anyway. We share.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• There was a place that had free prime rib dinner night once a week for kids. We went almost every week and we were often the only family with young kids there. My kids would chow it all down.

I take my 23 mo grandson to buffets. He eats as much as an adult and is free! I get him healthy stuff.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• where we often go its 5.95..and she gets the option of, grilled cheese, hamburger, chichen nuggets, fish, or macaroni, and that comes with fries, a drink, 1 chocolate coin, and icecream..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:24 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Honestly, mine don't eat "kids food"... and they are far more interested in ordering from the regular menu.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:04 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• If I am going out, I rarely think about the prices to be honest. You gotta pay to play =) The restaurant is cooking, paying for the supplies, etc... Not saying I'd willingly dish out 7.00 for some grilled cheese every day of the week, but I do come prepared for such expenses.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 1:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Mine have never asked or anything I just couldn't imagine paying that for a grilled cheese. Someone must though! WE don't eat out that often so when we do they want fun food we don't have a lot of.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Yeah I know what you mean. Its like going somewhere and getting "a hotdog" for them and it cost more then a whole pack of hotdogs lol I can not do it!
    BeautyFromPain

Answer by BeautyFromPain at 1:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Crazy! Usually, my husband and I will order and ask for a third plate. Then we'll each give her some of our food. Saves money and keeps us adults from overeating! Plus she doesn't eat a lot at a time so a whole plate for her is just wasted.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• The kids menu is usually 4-5 dollars. But, if it was 7 dollars for grilled cheese I would just get them an adults meal and two kids could share it.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:07 PM on Aug. 23, 2010