I am a little disapointed...how to deal?

Ok, I got mrried in dec. 2004. So far now 3 out of 4 of my bridesmaids have gotten married. 1 wedding just happend, the other back in januay, and the next this next summer. These are people I am close with, and am dissapointed that none of them have asked me to be in their weddings. I feel like well maybe I am giving more into my reltionships with these people than they care to give back. I guess to me it just feels like a wake up call, that they don't care that much about me as I did for them. Any tips? Anyone been through this?

anikahaynes1

Asked by anikahaynes1 at 1:28 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• I like you LOVE getting dolled up and being a part of my friend's weddings, but unless I make some new close friends it seems that the 2 weddings I have been in may be the only ones I will get to be in for a few reasons.

#1. The people that are left are my SIL (and I would never EXPECT her to have her brother's wife in her party when she is only 18 now and I'm 24. Also she was in mine because she was my SIL not because we were super close at that point... I mean she was only 14). The other girl WAS one of my best friends but has since become very self centered and I chose to stop trying to salvage a friendship that was obviously so one sided.

#2. Being a pro photographer everyone seems to forget that you would still like to be treated like a good friend instead of just another photographer. I'm glad I still get to be a part, but I wish it was more than a free photographer sometimes.

Anyway Im trying to say I understand. :)
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 1:52 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• you were invited to wedding..right?
    AND
    you did not have to buy a butt ugly dress (you of course will wear again)

so you should be happy
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:30 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Did they have weddings full of family members only perhaps? Have you asked why you were not asked to be in the wedding parties?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:30 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Did they have big wedding parties? Did they have a lot of friends in their weddings? Be happy that you can save a lot of money by not being in their weddings. I've never been in a wedding, other than my sisters' weddings. I don't feel hurt by it, as I know my relationships with my friends are strong despite my title in their weddings.  Re-evaluate your relationships with these women.  Are you giving more than they are?

MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 1:31 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Be glad you don't have to go through this...

Go to the showers, bachelorette party, buy the ugly dress, shoes, jewelry, pay for the terrible hairstyle, show up, walk down the isle with the grooms fat cousin, smile and cut the cake.

Now you can wear what you want and enjoy yourself. NO being separated from your husband at dinner, no waiting for pictures, no expectations. Be happy and ENJOY the weddings.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:34 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• shruggingI can totally see why that would make you feel bad or left out. That is not right.....

1lilgirl

Answer by 1lilgirl at 1:37 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I have felt left out but everyone of my bridesmaids that have gotten married have had very small ceremonies so it's ok. My BFF/maid of honor got married at a courthouse shortly before my wedding and just had family present as well as a friend that lived in the same town. I drove down (45 mins) for a party that night, but I understand not wanting 15 people at a small courthouse wedding.

The other bridesmaid had her two sisters and a childhood friend. Also I was something like 30 weeks pregnant, but I did take her wedding photos and was included in the rehearsal dinner and everything the day of.

The other girl was just married in June again I was pregnant, but they got married at a park with her sister and brother in law as the only two people standing up with them. They had me do their pictures and I made them a cake with marshmallow fondant and regular fondant turtles... lol Dh and I were two of 3 friends invited tho.

Cont
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I can understand why you would feel disapointed. Maybe they have more family than you like sisters or cousins they are close with so they asked them. I wouldnt just cut off my realationship with them just yet.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:31 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Well bridesmaids aren't married.. or At least i think its thats why & the Maid Of Honor is normally the brides best friend/sister.... So dont take it to hard. && be happy you haven't had to buy an ugly dress!!!
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 1:32 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I agree 100% with MomToBeISaMom.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 1:33 PM on Aug. 23, 2010