parents

I live in a different state than my parents and sister who see each other all the time. I call to say hello every other week or so and a couple of times my mom blow me off when my sister or husband or their kids walk in the door. Should she have talked longer to me since do not see me and my girls once twice a year? HELP. Then all I want to a couple of books and they say they buy my sister and family lots of stuff so if want something let them know and now telling me no as well.I feel they favor my sister more than me cause do not live near them. Any advice would be great.

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 1:29 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• maybe visit more often..you might feel more like a distant friend than a daughter..when my parents are gone outta town to work in other states mine sorta blow me off too..and when they come home at first its the same way..i just make an extra effort to let them know i miss them and before i know it things are back to normal..its the distance that causes this
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 1:32 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• If I have guests, it's rude to sit on the phone. If you want more contact with family, make it happen.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:34 PM on Aug. 23, 2010