Pregnancy question?

I am 18 weeks pregnant today with my first. I heard the heartbeat at 15 weeks it was 130bpm... I have yet to start showing, feeling kicks, or even feeling pregnant..I'm even still fitting into my regular clothes still.. which has me paranoid. Next Monday I have the ultrasound to find out the sex.. I'm just worried something is wrong since I'm not feeling anything. Anyone else go through this? Thanks!

miranda_nichols

Asked by miranda_nichols at 1:31 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• With my first I felt movement around 16 weeks but it was just light light flutters and it was pretty rare. Also I was very skinny with my first, I wore in pants sizes 3 and 5 depending on brand.

It is NORMAL to not feel movement especially with a first pregnancy until approx. 22 weeks because that is when the movement will turn into actual kicks and jabs instead of flutters.

With my second I felt movement for the first time between 11 and 12 weeks, BUT I knew what I was feeling and this baby is like Hercules with his movements. lol He was moving my belly visibly at 20 weeks, but I became pregnant just 6 weeks after a m/c so my uterus was still pretty relaxed.

Enjoy having clothes that fit because soon enough they won't. I know my friend didn't have to get pants until 25wks with her first and then BAM she was BIG. She had a baby that was 1/4 oz shy of 8lbs.

But anyway welcome to being a mommy we worry about everything.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 1:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• you are too early to feel anything
    and i am guessing young, since you still fit into regular clothes

BUT....
    you are already worried, about silly things, congrates, you are a mom

moms worry about everything, and you are worried

how cute

nothing is wrong at all, you are just lucky to not be growing big yet, you will!!!, i will see your posting in months to come about how it is so hard to move around, enjoy every moment, and you will feel your baby (not yet) worth the wait, you will LOVE IT!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Don't be worried, we all show differently! For a first time pregnancy, you probably won't realize the flutters you feel are in fact the baby moving around. You won't be feeling kicks for a little while more, when the baby is larger. Good luck!
    joe_momma

Answer by joe_momma at 1:33 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• everyone is diff..i did not really feel my dd move until about 16wks..and i did not get morning sickness til closer to 20wks...i did however lose weight in the beginning of my pregnancy like 25lbs and all of a sudden 3wks later had gained 17lbs no joke..best wishes though and good luck
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 1:34 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• If it makes you feel any better, I was still able to fit into my regular pants pretty much until DD was born. They weren't completely comfortable, but they still fit and zipped up.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 1:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i think it's still a little early to start really feeling anything...with my first i didn't even know i was prego until 3 months into it. i was barely even showing at 5 months. my dd ended up weighing 7lbs 1oz at birth. with my second, i started showing around 3 months, and was huge most of my pregnancy. my ds was 6lbs 13oz at birth. you still have a ways to go and you don't really start feeling the baby move until around 4 months, but that doesn't mean your little one isn't moving he/she is just too small still for you to feel it. don't worry about it! :)
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 1:37 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I didn't show until 6 months with my first and once I showed I showed lol. With the kicks I didn't feel until sometime in my 5th month. Baby number 2 I showed at 14 weeks feeling the baby kick around the same time
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I didn't realize that I was feeling any movement until about week 22 with this pregnancy (my first) and I can still fit into some of my pre-maternity clothes now at 30 weeks. I think it's pretty normal with a first pregnancy not to show right away. I'm sure you're fine, but if you're worried about it you can always call your OB and see if they can fit you in and they check the heartbeat just so you can feel better about it. I know when I first started going to the OB they said if I was worried about the baby to call and they would try to schedule a quick appointment to check the heartbeat and reassure me.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 1:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i would try not to worry about anything until there is something to worry about
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:17 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Everyone is def different!! I didn't feel my son until I was about 22 weeks.
    LDA33

Answer by LDA33 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 23, 2010