Is there anyone on here that didn't know he was pregnant until they actually was in labor?

I like watching that show called I didn't know I was pregnant and I just don't understand how someone cannot know they are pregnant lol. How is that possible? Anyway have this happened to anyone of you or anyone you know?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 1:44 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am one of those girls who did not know she was preggers until I was in labor. It happens and my Dr, almost 7 years later, still tells the story to all his nurses and other Dr's. It was a strange situation where lots of things went just the right way to help explain away any pregnancy symptoms. I had my period all nine months. I never had morning sickness. I only gained 10 lbs my entire pregnancy. I walked alot for my job which the Dr thinks contributed to me not feeling my ds move. He said that more than likely the walking movement put him to sleep and he would be more active at night while I was sleeping.
    ajohns9

Answer by ajohns9 at 3:27 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• friend of mine worked in ER
    she told me a woman came in with stomach pain
    only to find out after a few tests/scns that she was having a baby-like any minute
    she had been to with husband
    but can you imagine calling your husband on the phone to say that you are in hospital, you are fine, but you better get here now, but first can you stop off to get a few things, like a car seat for the ride home-lol
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:48 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• she had been to with husband
    TYPO
    she had been trying to (get pregnant) with husband
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:49 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I didn't get that far. I was 19 weeks before I realized something was up. However, if your had as few symptoms/no symptoms like I did and you are a bigger girl and your uterus is tipped backwards, then, I can sort of see it. my son barely moved, if my shirt was big, you'd never know I was expecting. I was never sick, never tender or sore or had any clue. I only realized once I messed 4 cycles. I had missed up to 3 before, but, never 4. So, i tested and went to the health clinic to verify. They sent me to the U/S so we knew exactly. They told me I was 19weeks and 3 days along. So, half way through.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:56 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I myself went to the doctors for another reason and when I got there something in me said to have them take a preggo test although everything in me knew I wasn't I just needed to know for sure. When the doctor came in and said I was preggo i said OK I can only be about 4-5 weeks along because I had cancer cells removed 8 weeks early and that was major surgery well i went to have an ultra sound 23 days later and when they told me I was 18 weeks along I just about fell off the table cause i had major surgery and the baby made it though the surgery. So needless to say my DD is 2 1/2 yrs old and she is our little miracle in our eyes.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My mil knew a gal who was having severe gas pains, which were common for her, her husband finally took her to the hospital where she delivered a baby girl nearly as soon as they got there. Everyone was surprised because she was partially paralyzed and had been in a wheel chair for years. They honestly didn't think she could get pregnant so it was like the last thing they expected.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 2:25 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I assume the He in your post is a typing error-

but it happens more than you would think. my OBGYN aunt said that they see about 4 or 5 cases every year of the same thing.
    sometimes it's young girls that look plenty pregnant, and the parents just can't understand why the daughter is in so much pain!

others are cases where they looked big, but maybe not pregnant. lots of times the woman thought they couldn't get pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I hope you meant she :-)

There are people who do not know. I personally am appalled!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:48 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I see this documented on television. It seems unbelievable to me.
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 1:52 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• yes typeo sorry about that lol
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Aug. 23, 2010