Does it just drive you nuts when.....

It absolutely drives me batty to eat around kids who won't touch a vegetable and their parents don't make them! How the crap do you just let your kids dictate to you what they are going to eat and what they aren't? This really drives me crazy and actually makes me a little mad because we eat with friends a lot and their "bratty" kids don't want to eat anything good for them. Surely I am not the only one in the world who this erks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in General Parenting

• I am with you on that one! Every wed. night we go to an older family friends house with our kids and my SIL and her kids go. I try to make sure my kids eat what is being served, but my SIL lets her kids eat yogurt and cheerios for dinner! Drives me crazy because then my kids want the same thing. I also used to babysit for two kids that NEVER eat veggies, fruit, or anything good for them. All they wanted was hot dogs, bologna, lunch meat and goldfish! When they stopped coming here for daycare she called DCFS on me because I wasn't feeding them the right foods! She doesn't give them that stuff at home, so they wouldn't eat it here either. Drives me crazy the way some people let there kids eat whatever they want....no wonder there are so many overweight kids in the world today!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I have to disagree a little here.....I have a very strong wiled 7 year old who hates veggies...has since he was a baby.....so we have chosen to pick our battles and that is not one we fight.... he loves fruit so he gets alot of that and then he is expected to eat what we have for a meal everything except the veggie.
    tagable

Answer by tagable at 3:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2008