Where can I get the morning after pill?

What excatly is it and is it 100% gauranteed? I just recently got my mirena removed and have not decided which type of birth control to use, so we've been using condoms. Which by the way I truely hate because at times it just ruins the moment for me, and I am a married women now. I don't need to protect my self against my husband. Anyways we had sex a few hours ago and got carried away and he ended up going inside of me. And now we are worried, my self, more than him because I am not ready for another baby. Where can I get the morning after pill and is it expensive and hard to get? Does anyone recommend a good type of birth control with little or no side affects? I got my mirena removed because of severe side affects.

Joeysmama07

Asked by Joeysmama07 at 12:02 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• plAnned pArenthood
    nehisbArbie

Answer by nehisbArbie at 12:03 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Planned Parenthood, and if you are low income you can get it free or (at least in CA) it's $40. They encourage you to buy an extra one for just in case.

Go for it, I used it once when my husband and I got carried away, went to the health center at my college and they gave it to me. Good luck :)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:05 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• And as for b/c with no side effects, I really can't say anything but vasectomy ;) I HATED any and all kinds of hormonal b/c.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:06 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• planned parenthood gave me 2 of them for free.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:49 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• and i live in cali
    tnteaton

• How about you count your days and see if you are ovulating. If you just had your period or are about to then your chances are that you could not get pregnant. Or even an ovulation kit can tell you if you are ovulating now.
    As for birth control I have liked the NuvaRing. No pills, it is a vaginal insert and you only have to put it in and take it out once a month and then forget about it. I loved it!
    crystal1480

Answer by crystal1480 at 1:18 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• no it is not 100 % but it is a pill that willprevent any fertilized eggs from attaching on you uterus just basically makes sure your body does what it usually does around 80% of your fertilized eggs come out in a period and you can get it at a walgreens and cvs pharmacy as well maybe even walmart just call they call it the plan b pill and i belive i is around 40 dollars ...
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 1:29 AM on Oct. 9, 2008