Pit bull

Would you ever own a pit bull? I have a blue nose and I love her! I would totally own the breed time and time again, they are very loyal dogs!

joe_momma

Asked by joe_momma at 2:35 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Pets

• i had one when i lived down south sure. but never with children. i dont think dog and kids mix. not young kids anyways
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I have seen too many of them turn that I wouldn't have one with kids.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:37 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Yes I would. It's the owners that are bad, not the dog. But people like yourself and my son know that love can go a long way and you have a wonderful dog. No worse than any other dog if treated well.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 2:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I had one growing up, & he was always around a baby had just learned to crawl, he was soo loving with the kid. Half the time I felt bad for Alex *the dog* becuase the baby would chew on his ears & everything & he'd just stay there & let the child crawl & chew on him...

I would own on in a heartbeat again if my hubby didn't have mean ass little dogs....

Its all about how a dog is raised, not his breed.....

for those wo wouldn't have one bc it can turn, ANY dog at ANY time can turn. its a chance you take when you choose to own a dog of ANY BREED
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 2:41 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• No.
    MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 2:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I had them growing up and none of them were ever mean or violent because they were not raised or taught that way. But I don't think it is a good idea to have young children around dogs because they don't know not to hit or pester them and ANY dog can get tired of being hurt by a child and snap... Scary stuff.
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 2:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Tell you the true people always say that pit bull are bad breed and they well attack you lol. I think it how you treat him.

Any dog that you mistreat will attack you in the attempt to escape from all the mistreatment.
    I always own pit bull I love that they are so loyal and they are there to protect me. Mine just pass way he was old already I was so upset. Now we own a American bull dog.
    Never had problems with my kid been around him. It's not like I would ever leave my son alone with any dog not only pit bull any.
    Any dog can attack .
    elisabellaguna

Answer by elisabellaguna at 2:47 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I'd have one in a heartbeat. There are no bad breeds only bad owners.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 3:09 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Honestly, I wouldn't. Not because I think they are bad dogs, but because they just aren't the kind of dog I would want.

Besides, I'm more of a cat person.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 3:14 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I would as long as I knew the breeder really well. I would also invest in some heavy-duty dog training programs because they are so strong. They are a very intelligent breed, I think they're adorable as well. It's unfortunate that people have used them in inhumane ways, the breed has received quite a bit of undeserved negative publicity. It really is about the owners and bloodlines.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2010