My SO is driving me crazy!!!!

He got laid off almost 3 months ago.We're together 24-7.He is a good man but he needs to get out of the house and do something.Hes' not a bar type of guy.I need some suggestions onwhat he can do before I go crazy.

bvannkissy

Asked by bvannkissy at 2:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Why do people assume a lay off means no job, maybe they guy is on temporary lay off...my husband gets temp. laid off a few months every year and he drives me batty the whole time and he cannot go out and get a job because he is laid off from the current and will return to work when he gets called back.

I have my husband go fishing and and he does stuff in the garage. or he builds stuff, like he built a toy box that is 5 ft. long 3 ft wide and 2 ft. deep it is very nice and doesn't have to cost much at all. He does like building things out of wood.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 3:29 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• How bout...get another job?
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:37 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Why doesn't he get off his ass and find a job?! He can't collect unemployment forever. Have you told him that he is driving you crazy and that he needs to find something to do then just set around the house? I am not by any means trying to come off as a bitch my hubby just went back to work after being laid-off for 2 yrs but I work outside the home and he stay home with our DD. If he helps you out the kid/s and does stuff around the house that is great but he needs to have a life away from the house to or he will get depressed and do what is happening now Drive you crazy.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• he can also volunteer while he is searching for something else

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:49 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Volunteer or egt a job, maybe some classes to extend his experience
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 4:34 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Have his volunteer at your kids school, that always gives the kids a kick. Why not send him out with the grocery list or a list of errands that need to be done?
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• tell him to get another job
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 7:18 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Thank-you togo90210.It is a temporary lay off.& just because he isn't working does not mean he is lazy.He is just as miserable as I am.And that certainly doesn't mean we don't love each other.Myhusband is 57 yrs.old.And he has worked his whole life.Our state has got one of the most highest unemployment rates.People that even have degrees can't find work.
    bvannkissy

Comment by bvannkissy (original poster) at 1:03 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• And he doesn't plan on collecting unemployment forever.He does the shopping,he cooks me breakfast every morning.He's the love of my life,& he loves me very much.So please don't bash on my man.
    bvannkissy

Comment by bvannkissy (original poster) at 1:11 PM on Aug. 24, 2010