how do you personally disciple your children in public?

and why are there parents who seem to believe that it's OK to SCREAM at their children in public?

ourbabykins

Asked by ourbabykins at 2:37 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I just say.. in my regular voice.. "this is not okay and you need to stop acting this way or we can go home now & I'll come back alone."
    I cannot stand when parents are mean to their children!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I discipline the same way in public as I do at home.

And they scream at them in public because they also do it at home. They don't see anything wrong with it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i disciple the same in public as I do in private. The only time a scream at my daughter is when she breaks loose from em and runs into the street. But i just scream "stop".
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:39 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I would take them aside and discuss the problem. Can't stand the parents who scream
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:39 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• it depends on what they do .....i scream at my kids its better then hitting them .and i only scream at them when i told them like 50 times not to do something and they do it anyway lol
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 2:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• same way we do at home.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:41 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Sometimes yelling is the final solution when nothing else has worked, if you don't like it buy some damn ear plugs while you're shopping. No one ever said parenting was picture perfect.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 2:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• If they have a bathroom I will take them in there.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:43 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i treat john the same in public as i do at home. worse comes to worse I'll take him to the nearest bathroom to talk to him & sometimes to pop him if hes really acting up. BUt I only had to do that once. he doesn't like it. so it works for me to tell him to knock it off we dont act like that, & if he keeps it up, I'll tell him come on were going to the bathroom
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 2:44 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Yelling only tends to make things worse. I either ignore them or if it's extreme I'll go straight home and put them to bed and when daddy gets home I'll go out and do what I need to do.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 23, 2010