Full time workers?

How many of you work full time and enjoy it? I personally would go crazy if I were at home all day every day. I need to feel like I have a place where I can get things accomplished and feel like I'm part of a bigger picture.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• I LOVE working full-time outside the home.
    MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 2:39 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I work full time outside the home. I think I would go crazy without adult stimulation.

I would like to have a part-time job so I could stay home more though
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Love my job, love working, and can't imagine staying home.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:43 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I work fulltime and enjoy being around people and having something to do all day but would like to be able to work 20 hours/week so my son can have more time to become involved in sports/other  activities.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I love my job and the kind of work I do, however, I would love it even more if they'd let me work from home at least part time. (My job can EASILY and effectively be done from home, but apparently management here is too "old school" to allow it)
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 2:49 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Being a stay at home mom is not for everyone and I have never tried to tell someone that. I was a work at home mom until my oldest was 18 months old and then my DH became the stay at home parent. When my second was born I returned to work at 6 weeks. It broke my heart. Personally I prefer staying home, but currently work about 20-30 hours a week and DH and I take turns staying home with the kids (he is self employed and can work when he wants). You do whatever works for you and your family in my book!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:51 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I do. I can't imagine staying home.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 2:59 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I worked outside of the home until my daughter was 6 months old. Then I was miserable after I was laid off. My husband and I then started a home based business. It keeps me busy but it isn't the same as working in an office. I may be going back to work soon, but I'm not sure if I'll do back PT or FT.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 5:04 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I work full time outside of the home. I'm an HR Director for a private special ed school and I LOVE my career!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:20 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I am a SAHM and LOVE IT! I am formerly an electrical engineer for the federal government. Staying at home, at first, bored me to tears. But now that I am at home, I find there are so many things to do. No more boredom. I did go to work for 1 year after our DD started school, but I had grown accustomed to a schedule which was not possible with working. So, I quit at the end of the year.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 8:46 PM on Aug. 23, 2010