Does an endorsment from the opposite help or hurt?

HARRISBURG, Pa. – Former Nebraska Sen. Chuck Hagel, a Republican who has broken ranks in the past with the GOP, gave Democrat Joe Sestak his second major endorsement from moderates in a week in his bid for a hotly contested Senate seat in Pennsylvania.

Hagel told The Associated Press on Monday that Sestak has demonstrated during his two terms in Congress that he puts the interests of the nation and his constituents ahead of his party.

"I think he's exactly what our country needs more of. I think he's what the Senate needs more of — courageous, independent thinking," Hagel said. "That's what the job is about. You are supposed to use your judgment."

GO JOE!!!

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 2:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it depends in the issue and the audience.

I don't think endorsements matter that much to real people, except for UAW endorsements (which is probably a local thing since in live in Detroit.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:48 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Oh hell, it's gonna hurt him alright. I don't have a clue if it will help Sestak but it won't do him any good. Conservatives don't like RINOs
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:15 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• It makes no difference to me. There aren't any Democrats who are going to come out and endorse Paul Ryan in my district. There aren't any Republicans who are going to endorse Russ Feingold out here.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:10 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Hagel's endorsement of a candidate that supports the liberal Democratic agenda...does nothing for me!! I support Toomey!! So I guess our votes will just cancel each other out!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Sestak is my MAN (remember that POST! lol)

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

***

Why am I not surprised?! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:14 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• It use to hurt alot. Now for instance the KKK donates money to churches all the time with or with out members knowledge. My grnadma like to say in her time that would be a red flag to aviod the church. Now a days though she believes the country has been so corrupted by power and money the moral residence of where it comes from no longer matters. I tend to agree.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 23, 2010