"It annoys me when I see____________!" Why??

Why would it "annoy" you to see a preschooler with a pacifier, or a 3 year old with a bottle? I could understand your feelings if they were YOUR children, but why would it annoy you when they are someone else's children?

Do you know the particulars of their families? Do you know whether or not they are specific reasons why they do what they do?

Fallaya

Asked by Fallaya at 2:48 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I guess it is because we are all hammered to death with the "rights" and "wrongs" of parenting.
    NaturalMomma219

Answer by NaturalMomma219 at 8:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• The only things that truly annoy me are things that I know have potential to harm the kid and the parent either has no clue or doesn't care. The pacifier wouldn't bug me, but the bottle would only because I think of bottle rot on the kids teeth. Of if I see a little tiny baby being fed food already or cereal in a bottle, that bothers me because it has potential to hurt them. And I know I can't do anything to prevent it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:52 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• no but i would say because the child is to big for them and thats why people get annoyed
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 2:50 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Why is it everyime i see you on here you want to start a debate? I was just wondering if it is just me or is it others?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I don't mean to judge but when it comes harmful to the child of coarse I'll get annoyed. lovinangels and bradyensmyson gave great examples.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My daughter sucked her thumb until she was six. No kidding. Not a lot I could do about it, because she would sneak it in when she was going to bed. I just refused to paint her fingernails until she stopped, and eventually, that was more important.

So no, I don't judge...too much. sometimes, if I see a kid with soda in a baby bottle, I do.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Before I had a child, I guess I was one of those people that judged parents. But now that I have a child, I see that not everything is so black and white...you know what I mean? There are things I do/allow that go against what the "professionals" recommend, or that go against societal expectations, and it's ok, because I'm the parent and I know my daughter better than anyone else (wow, what a looong sentence!!).
    Fallaya

Comment by Fallaya (original poster) at 2:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• It really annoys me when other peoples children talk back or sass their own parents, sorry not my kids but it annoys the heck outta me!! Paci's and bottles don't bug me.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 3:00 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• @ANON...I sure as heck hope that wasn't meant for me. Because I answered the damn question and last time I checked, this site and these questions were open to the public.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:01 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• sometimes people get annoyed by things.. who cares.. I think we have a right to feel what we feel..
    Its not like Im going up to people and saying HEY Your doing this or your allowing your kid to do this.. and its annoying me so why dont you change...

Sounds like your kinda annoyed by people who get annoyed at others...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 23, 2010