Are there any ladies out there who has gone parachuting?

I'm so afraid of heights but for some reason I want to go before I die.

bvannkissy

Asked by bvannkissy at 2:49 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well if anything at all look in your area for Indoor Skydiving. It's pretty much the same, just inside with no parachute and a strong force of wind blowing you into the air. Atleast it would give you a feel for it without really falling to the earth.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 2:51 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I haven't, but I'd be willing to go RIGHT NOW! LOL.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 2:50 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• No. And the reason being is I am a pessimist. I imagine the Far Side cartoon where thy parachutist pulls on his cord and a jack in the box clown pops out instead of the chute.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Yes, I went when I was in college (almost missed out since I was only 17, but luckily they didn't card us). It was so relaxing, sitting in the plane with the instructor, spiraling up and up, everything so small on the ground, but just so nice to be up in the plane with the engine noise, like a lawnmower on a Saturday morning... then a little excitement as we rolled out of the plane and whooosh! It is very very fast and hair hitting your face hurts, you can't see! I pulled the cord (the instructor will if you don't- I didn't remember to check altitude but did pull it) and WHOMP (ouch, that's intense how fast you stop)! then slow and relaxing and QUIET again. I loved it, but my favorite part was the plane part, so I got a private pilot license and haven't ski-dove again. Everybody in our group enjoyed it. Just pick a safe/proven group (obviously)
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i have not but would love too!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 23, 2010