Have you ever had "foot in mouth" disease? I've got a huge case of it.

I have commented on some things that I didn't have all the facts of, and I don't know where to start apologizing. I have sent 3 pm's and am just publicly apologizing for ALL my words. I haven't had the time to spend on here to research "it" all out as I normally do, and I was totally wrong in this case. I jumped to conclusions and became defensive in a situation that didn't include me. My comments on the "hostile birth mom" question were erroneous. Thank you ladies for your patience with me. I think I need to be "quick to listen & slow to speak" for a while. Thanks for understanding.

doodlebopfan

Asked by doodlebopfan at 2:49 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Adoption

• you rockGood for you. As least you are Woman enuff to admit that you were wrong and you said sorry. Then you go a step farther to ensure you won't do it again.

mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:20 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• =) I don't know the situation, but it takes courage to publicly apologize!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:50 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I'm sure everyone still loves you. We all say things that aren't the best thing ever now and again.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:51 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Don't know what your talking about but I'm sure things will be fine!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• LOL! I thought at first that you were saying you had hand, foot, and mouth disease. I was feeling sorry for you! My kids both had that - very miserable. I didn't see the comments you are talking about, but I can assure you that you are still very loved by many. I'm sure that hasn't changed! ;-)
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 5:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I think it is great that U can do this. It takes a lot of guts. I applaud your efforts. I can. Have the same problem. Over time I have acquired a "mute" button and a "tact" button. But I can still put my foot in my mouth with the best of them!
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 6:25 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I don't think you said anything all that out of line pesonally. You made an easy mistake considering the situation and have said you are sorry. I find what you write to be pretty balanced and sensitive. Don't beat yourself up over one mistake
    Aislin

Answer by Aislin at 12:43 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• group hugDB: there is no reason to apologize.

2ndtimewish

Answer by 2ndtimewish at 1:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• You are a sweetheart for posting this. :)
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 5:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Absolutely no need to apologize, sweetie! Take care of yourself. :-)
    ARgal

Answer by ARgal at 10:55 PM on Aug. 25, 2010