How can I tell when I'm ovulating?

I got my period last month on the 24th and lasted till the 29th and now I got my period on the 22nd of this month. I go on baby center but it tells me my period should come every 28 days and now that I count it comes every 25 days. How can I know? thanx

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• There are different tests that you can buy at Walmart and other stores that will let you know when you're ovulating.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• You will ovulate 12-16 days before your period starts. It is noted by a 1 degree shift in your basal body temp. Fertility will be noted by mucous that stretches and does not dry out and your cervix will be high and open.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• or if you're ovulating.
    DesertRose75

• ttcYou can chart your temp or buying strips that tell you if you are ovulating. good luck!

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Most women generally ovulate 11-16 days before the start of their next period, and you're most fertile in the 2-3 days prior to ovulation. If your cycles are very regular (i.e., 25 days every month), then you probably ovulate sometime from day 9-15, so start having sex every other day around day 5 or 6, right after you get off your period.

If you want something more specific, you'll have to chart and/or try using OPKs. Charting cervical mucus and using OPKs will tell you when you're in your most fertile time period (i.e., when you're likely to ovulate in the next couple of days) so you can maximize on that, and charting basal body temperature will tell you for sure when you've ovulated (the only way to tell for sure, excepting medical procedures like ultrasounds).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:07 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• There are different ways you can tell... I can tell when I ovulate because I have an increased sex drive, I have ovulation pains and spotting. I also used to temp... but that mostly just tells you your norm, it won't give you any warning of WHEN it will happen.
    On average, most women have a 14 day luteal phase... so if you have a 25 day cycle you most likely ovulate early around days 10-11 from the start of your period. So I would start trying around day 8 to be safe.
    OPK's work well too to help pinpoint the day... I used them a few times... but I find my body give the best signs.. you just have to know what to look for!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:04 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• you can buy a test to see or you can start charting like I do for NFP
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:27 AM on Aug. 24, 2010