6 month old and eyes

My daughter is just 6 months and a week old. My mom noticed on her last visit, that her eyes don't move together. Like her left eye will be looking straight and her right eye is on her nose type thing. It seems to go both ways, like when she focuses with her right eye, the left one is on the nose.... anyways, she's my youngest of 4 and I don't remember the other kids having anything remotely close to this. Should I call and have her see the doctor right away, is it common for their eye muscle control to be a bit off, or should I just bring it up at her next appt. (Mid-september)

KariLyn84

Asked by KariLyn84 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call and ask. It's definitely not normal, but the doctor (or nurse who can talk to you on the phone, anyway) will be better able to tell you whether it can wait until her next appointment.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:09 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Call and tell them your concerns and ask if she should be seen now. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I think it's probably fine to leave it until the next appointment. If you're not sure, you should be able to call your pediatrician's office and speak to a nurse about it. She can tell you whether it's something that should be checked on right away or if it's something that can wait until September.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 3:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• next appointment

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My son did something similiar. He was diagnosed with duanes syndrome. Google that. If it seems like it may sound like whats going on, mesage me. I have tons of info on it :) Also google strabismus, Thats another thing that causes that :) And in either case, talk to your pedi at her appt in september :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 3:22 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I would ask at the next appointment
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:43 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Call and ask, but I wouldn't worry too much. The next appointment should be fine. Still workign those muscles to gain control? Could be!
    jellis

Answer by jellis at 4:46 PM on Aug. 23, 2010