first baby!

Hi I am having my first baby and am 12 weeks and super excited!! My morning sickness and tiredness have been taking a toll on me so I was looking for something fun to do. When do you start to do the babys room. I really want to start now lol!! Something fun about being pregnant but when do you normaly start painting a such thank you fellow moms to be or mommys!

jorhmommy

Asked by jorhmommy at 3:03 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• CONGRATS! I started the babies room as soon as I found out the sex.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:04 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• CONGRATULATIONS! I don't start on the babies room till I find out the sex. Though you can do early prepping and look at furniture and what all to get ideas. It never hurts to look.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Well, I didn't even have the crib when I delivered, just had the bassinet set up in my room, but it is fun planning for all of these things. You can start making your wish lists and planning to register. Research all the best car seats, swings, carriers, etc and figure out your decor, color schemes, etc. All you really need for a newborn is a place to sleep, maybe a bouncy or swing, and clothes, diapers, burp clothes, etc, but it is still fun to plan and look at all that stuff. I had the most fun reading all sorts of books about pregnancy when I was early in my pregnancy, and I also read books about nursing and the first few months with baby at home. It was great and I felt so prepared by the time I was nearing delivery. I found out I was pregnant on a Friday and that weekend the DH and I hit up the library and checked out just about every book they had on the shelves dealing with pregnancy. Congrats and good luck!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Go ahead and decorate! =D By now you should know if the baby's a girl or boy...and even if you don't there's all kinds of things you can do that's gender neutral. Have fun!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 3:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I waited until around 24 wks with my first, age of viability and stuff but this current baby Ive been buying stuff since about 16wks, I thnk when you feel everything is ok and you want to do it then do :) Congrats aswell xx
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 5:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Congratulations! I would start whenever the heck you feel like it. lol. Enjoy your pregnancy and your new baby when the time comes. :) Good luck.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:34 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Congrats!!! I would start once you find out the gender (that is IF you are finding out). That way you can decorate it more towards a specific gender.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 12:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2010