Does spotting necessarially mean I'm not pregnant

I haven't tested yet, I'm going to in the next day or 2. I'm 9 days late and was so certain I was pg but then tonight I spotted the tiniest bit then checked myself and it kinda smelled like iron. Did anybody else spot while pg??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It could be implantation bleeding I had it, It is the reason I didn't think I was pregnant. Till a couple of weeks later I couldn't "knock" the bug I had.
    Zoeybug

Answer by Zoeybug at 12:51 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• You need to assume that you are pregnant until you are proven otherwise. Spotting a tiny amount is normal with implantation and also when your body is getting rid of some old blood. I did spot slightly at four weeks pregnant and again between 6 and 8 weeks along.

I think that since you are 9 days late that a test should be pretty accurate.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:06 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i almost didnt take the preggo test w my first daughter becuase i spotted as well.. but i spotted w my first and 3rd.. just the tiniest and only once..take the test still
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:16 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• With my first pregnancy, I was unaware that I was pregnant and thought I had my period, but found it strange when it only lasted a day. Several days later intuition kicked in, took a test that proved positive, and discovered that it was implantation bleeding. No worries, I'm sure everything is just fine.

All my best,
    Dena
    livewell4me

Answer by livewell4me at 6:46 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• 9 days after your period is due is way too late for it to be implantation bleeding.
    EDHmom

Answer by EDHmom at 11:44 AM on Oct. 9, 2008