Need suggestions on curtains for my nursery...

My very first baby is on the way, and her room is all done except for the curtains. We live in an apartment and there is a fairly big window in her room and the blinds that are in the apartment don't do much to keep out the light especially now that we painted her room yellow and melon. So I need to make or aquire curtains to make her room darker so she can sleep, but I don't have a sewing machine and really don't know where to start lol. Any ideas or suggestions?

MamaSarah1104

Asked by MamaSarah1104 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

• They have room darkening shades in Home Depot. They are just plain white shades. You could add a cute valance to the top to add color.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Trust me when I say... babies don't need it to be dark to sleep. Maybe just find a panel or two that matches her room, try Target or Walmart.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 3:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Wow they let you paint the walls?!!

I would agree on the darkening shades, you can put up the thick curtains, i got mine from Walmart
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 3:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• the room darkening shades are great and you could put up drapery panels at each side of the window for color. Don't have to draw them shut - just leave as "dummy panels".
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:25 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• If not to spend alot, try just getting a black towel to throw over the windows when she sleeps during the day. Then fold it up and throw it under the crib when she is awake. I am excited about my nursery and I wouldnt want to sacifice the color coordination or spend to much.
    Casumael

Answer by Casumael at 4:41 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• congrads. go to walmart and target to see what they have that makes you feel like that's the one and go with that.gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 6:47 PM on Aug. 23, 2010