If you have a bigger baby do you lose tghe baby weight faster?

I was back down to 120 pounds within a week of having my son. My sister is insisting that since he was a big boy (9 lbs. 12.5 oz.) it helped me lose the weight really fast. I think that's silly I was just lucky to have a fast metabolism. And no, I didn't breastfeed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Nope. My daughter was 9 pounds and I am having a lot of trouble losing it. I really am not trying though. It's been 7 years actually.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• My most recent baby was 7 lbs 12 oz and I was down to 127 within a week of having her - below my pre pregnancy weight. All five of my babies have all been between 7 lbs 7 oz and 8 lbs 9 oz and I've always had the baby weight gone within 2 weeks, but I've never gained much weight with them either (most I gained was 22 lbs)

Answer by missanc at 3:55 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• With my first, I gained weight all around, not just the baby and fluid so it took a little longer to lose it. With my 2nd, I did have a huge baby, IMO (9 lb 1 oz), and she came with a lot of fluid. I was "all baby" pretty much so I was back at my pre-pregnancy weight before I even left the hospital. Of course, the weight is in different places so naturally none of my clothes fit. hehe
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• nope. my cousin's daughter was two pounds smaller than my son. my son was a big boy. i lost all my baby weight. she's gained weight since having her daughter. it depends on your body and how much weight you gain during pregnancy. i have always been small so i lost the weight easy.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 5:03 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• HELL I WISH! My 2nd baby was a full 1 1/2 pounds bigger then my first and I still haven't kicked the baby weight! I've done everything but it's sticking around and it's been over a year
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I think it has to with you as a person and your metabolism. I came home w/my fisrt needing to lose 5 lbs. 2nd not much more, and maybe 10 w/the 3rd. Mayber a little jealous is she?
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 5:34 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Well, I gained the most with my son who was 9lbs 3oz and lost the most the quickest with him but that's because most of the weight I gained was water retention. Once the swelling went down I had lost 35lbs in just 3 weeks (I had gained about 40lbs in total).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:13 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• mine were al average and within a week I was back to 127!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:40 AM on Aug. 24, 2010