Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Relationship questions...again

Its not only that he does drugs, he has a very bad attitude about everything. I have told him to pick the drugs or us, but its not going to stop him he just lies to me about doing them. He has never once gave our children a bath..which isnt a big deal i dont guess it just shows his lack of respect for help me out every once in a while. I have to wash dishes, and clean the house..he cooks sometimes but thats it. He quit his job for two years, and all he done was played video games and little side jobs. I went to college and would come home to a messy house, he never done anything but mess up! now he finally has a job, but we are living with family cause we havent got back on our feet. Im scared to sign my name to get a house..not knowing what i want to do. I cant just talk to him because he is a butthole about everything and just gets all mad. Thanks for all the advice so far moms :) its a hard situation to be in

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (10)
  • if you can't talk to him then you def can't live with him

    Answer by angevil53 at 3:55 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

  • Well if you're living with family why don't you talk to the head of the house hold tell them he's doing drugs and see if they will boot him out because you dont want that nasty shit around your children. If he isn't willing to kick the drugs them kick him to the crib and get a divorce.

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:56 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

  • Sounds like a relationship (or lack thereof) that you need to get out of. You have to consider whether or not you want your child growing up in this atmosphere...with this male role model...this way of life. Is this REALLY the life you want for your child? You have more than one life to think about now. I'm going through the same thing with my little sister. She puts her "man" ahead of her daughter. The relationship has damaged my neice to the point she cannot wait to turn 18 so she can get away from her mom and not look back.

    Answer by specialwingz at 3:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

  • If you're having this many issues, and cant talk to him, you have your answer.... If you know he'd pick the drugs over you what are you waiting for? that one time he gets high & does something stupid to hurt you or your child????????????

    Mommy of two has the right answer...

    Answer by lilmoosesmom at 3:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

  • A man will only treat u how you allow him too. Get out!!

    Answer by Lisa_Lynn at 4:17 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

  • The anger is coming from the drugs, or lack of. I had to deal with that from my father and it is tough. You need to decide if enough is enough. Do you want your children growing up thinking that it is okay to be the type of person your man is being? Do you want them to think that drugs are ok? You know you can't trust him. It is time to stand up for yourself and move on, with out him. He is just going to bring your family down with him. Maybe if get out now, you will show him that you are not going to take his lies and deceitfulness. You need to get out while you can. Good luck!!


    Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

  • He's a fucking loser! End of story. Cut your losses and move on.

    Answer by Fistandantalus at 5:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

  • You've already given him an altamatum once and he refused to choose his family over his addiction. Now the next step is to kick him out or move in with family. He clearly has no aspirations above his addiction, that including his own family. Therefore, you don't need to bother yourself with him. He isn't going to change unless he wants to change and he's proven that he doesn't want to. How long would it take for you to give him chance after chance when he's clearly showing you there's never going to be a change? Take the hint and get your kids (and yourself) out of that situation. Your kids don't need to be around an addict, or around someone who doesn't give them the care that they need. You need to either tell him to leave or leave yourself, either way get yourself and your kids out of that situation. Him having a job won't last and I think you know nothing is going to change.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:21 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

  • leave

    Answer by regian19832002 at 7:14 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

  • Kick his ass to the curb. I know that's easier said than done but you have made it without him already you can do it for real this time.

    Answer by crazymom21 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.