Does anyone know the cheapest website to buy used textbooks?

I'm already looking on Amazon and Ebay because I can get them SO much cheaper anywhere but the college bookstore.

Does anyone know of any other places?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 3:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in

• My kids and I have used Amazon, Chegg, and texbooks.com. I just got 7 books for $85 at textbooks.com but there is $55 in guarenteed buyback, so it was cheaper then renting. I also always check paperbackswap first, got 2 books from there this term and those are free.
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 10:18 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I like half.com. You can also rent your textbooks through chegg.com.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• just be careful . . . many times the cheapest avail. are used and DON'T include supplementals, like discs.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:07 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Be careful and make sure you are getting the edition the professor wants. I've seen students waste money because they didn't double check. Good luck with your studies!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:17 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• half.com is really good. I just got my son a 35 textbook for less than $4 including shipping. And yes, make sure you are getting the right edition.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 4:18 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• It really depends upon the title of the book you are looking to purchase. One website would be Textbooksrus.com but you need to compare this to others to see if this would be the lowest. Sometimes they are and sometimes you may be able to get a better price. Like I said it depends upon the title of the book you are searching for that matters and if they have it in stock.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:07 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Not sure if there is anywhere cheaper. My step-daughter uses Amazon and swears by it. Wish Amazon and Ebay existed when I was in college. I had to pay full price at the book store.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• half.com is the one I've used.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• lol THere's no such thing as "cheap" when it comes to college. They basically take you for evreything you have.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:04 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I buy mine off of EBay but you have to be really careful that the book you want is the book the person is selling.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:00 PM on Aug. 23, 2010