What would you ask a wedding coordinator?

I am meeting with ours this Friday and trying to work on a list of questions. This is our first meeting and the first wedding they will be hosting at this new church campus.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• How many weddings have they corrdinated in the past, how large were the events, in what city (hopefully your city)
    May you contact references
    What exactly is she going to do for you and how much will it cost
    what would be added as extra
    will she be doing any other events the weekend of or day of your event
    will she or a representative of her company be at your event and for how long
    jamiesuev22

Answer by jamiesuev22 at 4:20 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I would ask... Where do I start?
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 4:03 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• But then again I planned my own wedding.
    tryin2BGOOD

• I would think she would be asking you the questions and listening very carefully. Quiz her and see if she listened. You could ask her how many weddings she has done and how many she does a year/month. Ask her if your budget is within her normal range. You don't want somebody who is constantly pushing you to spend more than you can afford.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 4:12 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Do you have a clear idea of what you want? rather than have questions to ask, be prepared to answer her / his questions. You need to give them a good idea about your likes / dislikes. I would then look for testimonials, references and documentation of previous weddings they have done. I would ask about what discounts they can negotiate for you. Many people are planning their own weddings these days. I have just done my own and it was so simple and not at all time consuming. A good wedding coordinator should have lots of contacts and should be able to offer you discounts with various firms in order to make their fee worth its price tag.
    M2TandM

Answer by M2TandM at 4:13 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• And have a clear understanding of what the fee is. I assume you sign a contract. Read the fine print carefully. Have fun!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:15 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I would definately get everything in writing with a total of all expenses (request itemized expenses including taxes and fees). I might also ask to view their portfolio. An experienced professional should have one.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 5:13 PM on Aug. 23, 2010