Help with potty training

Ok so my 2 year old is learning how to use the potty, she will go most of the time. but then other times she will just stand or sit there and pee?!? I dont get it lol..she still wears diapers to bed and if we go places. Can't wait till she starts going all the time. So should i spank her when she pee's on herself?

Brittney20

Asked by Brittney20 at 4:16 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• no don't spake her! She is going to have accidents! you just have to be calm and patient with her, and give her lots and lots of praise when she do go pee pee on the potty!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 4:17 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• It doesn't happen overnight. Be calm and encouraging. She'll get it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:18 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Thanks :)
    Brittney20

Comment by Brittney20 (original poster) at 4:19 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• No don't spank her for that, she may just not be ready for it completely. Take it slow and easy the last thing you want to turn potty training into is a battle. If she cries or doesn't want to sit on the potty don't force her, then she'll hate it. Come up with a simple reward system for her when she has potty successes. Some people do sticker charts but with my twins I used marshmallows. They got 1 marshmallow for pp in the potty, 2 for pp in potty and dry pants, and 5 for pooh in the potty. I worked great for us and was not a complicated system. When they got to where the could use the bathroom well then I took a week and changed them to panties and made them go to the bathroom every hour. Within 2 weeks they were totally potty trained.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i can't believe you'd actually consider spanking for something like that?! she's not doing it on purpose. are you getting her to the potty every hour? or just waiting for her to do it or tell you? you need to be a little proactive and offer to potty her each hour until she learns it on her own.

kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 6:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2010