Cheap food and a full tummy?

I am looking to make food streatch! WHo isnt? LOL

What are some great easy cheap recipies that your kids love?

jellis

Asked by jellis at 4:18 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Spaghetti
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 4:19 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Spaghetti, Breakfast for dinner, Quiche, Crock pot meals, All Veggies for dinner, Quick and Easy Alfredo Sauce (Makes a way ton of left overs)

Buying meat in family packs and splittin git up at home helps.  Stocking up when something is on a good sale, clipping coupnons that match up with items already on sale, shopping at more than one store for sales and buying store brand when possible also help out a lot.  The biggest thing IMO is meal planning.  Then you aren't walking around the store picking up stuff you 'might' use this week.  Forget you have it, don't use it, buy it agian... vicious cycle.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:24 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Oatmeal, blueberry pancakes, meatloaf and mashed potatoes,( make you meatloaf feed more and be more filling by adding bread crumbs dipped in milk)
    goulash
    Burritoes and here is how I make them filling
    large tortillas spread on refriend beans then combine taco meat with cooked rice, then spread that on the beans
    fold in sides and roll up line then up in a cake pan top off with large jar salsa and cheddar cheese shreds ...this is very filling and lasts 2 nights in my house
    I scramble eggs and cut up different meats and cook this together with peppers, onions, mushrooms and at the end add cheese
    Lasanga lasts us 3 days when i make it in a cake pan
    bisquits and gravy or mashed potatoes and hamburger gravy
    chili with bisquits or corn bread
    beef stew

wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:27 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• On the meat loaf note...to make mine stretch I add veggies. A sm onion and a sm. grn pepper diced along with one can of carrots drained and mashed mixed into the meat.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:17 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Burritos

DACIA79

Answer by DACIA79 at 8:33 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• If you send me a message, I will be happy to forward you a bunch of recipes that are tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly

Answer by rkoloms at 9:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2010