To VBAC or not to VBAC...

My first was an emergency C-section because she was facing up and not coming into the birth canal. I was in labor for 2 days and pushing for 4 and a half hours. My second is in the same stupid position. They said I can try a VBAC but I only have a 20% chance of her actually coming out that way. Labor pushing and a c-sec all at once was awful but I really want a vaginal birth...What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• VBAC should be encouraged but at the same time many women (not all) will experience the same problems with their next child as they have done with their first. If you really want it then try everything you can to get that baby in position but don't feel defeated if you have to go for section again, you tried xx
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 5:48 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I would seriously try for the vbac(I want to but don't think my dr. will be supportive when the time comes). You should do what you want and what you feel is right for yourself and your baby. Good luck to you and may you have a happy and healthy baby. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 4:41 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• do it with a midwife. it'll still be in a hospital but less stressful and she'll work with you to make sure you have a safe vbac instead of a doc who would interfere.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:46 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• VBAC

and try www.spinningbabies.com for tips and tricks to encourage baby to get into a great position.

You can do this!

Oh, there is also a VBAC support group here at cafemom.
    www.cafemom.com/group/1540
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 5:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Go for vbac. The c-section is always there as a back-up if needed.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2010