is it normal for me to be throwing up all the time

how can i get my fiancae more into the pregnancy and to tell me to stop crying

LovinSammy

Asked by LovinSammy at 12:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• It's hard for a man to be more into it. He is not the one going through all the changes and emotions. He can be more supportive of you though.
    Lainee21106

Answer by Lainee21106 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Its harder for a man to be involved because they don't get the physical feelings that women get. My fiance didn't get involved really until I was showing and we saw and U/S. Then it was real to him. Until then it was just 2 lines on a pregnancy test. The closer I got the more invloved he got. He was about to jump out of his skin with excitement the day before I went into labor. Just give him time and know that this is just as hard emotionally for him as it can be for you. Good luck hun.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 12:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Yes it's normal to throw up, especially at first. Bring your man to the doc with you, maybe hearing the heartbeat or seeing the ultrasound will help him realize "hey, there's a kid in there!"
    amandae21

Answer by amandae21 at 12:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• As long as you can keep some foods down and aren't loosing weight you should be okay. Try eating high in protein foods. They help w/ prego sickness. I used to eat peanut butter on a piece of bread before I got out of bed in the morning and it helped. Also, try to eat before you actually get hungry. If I got hungry then I felt more sick. Just try to snack all day.
    For the spouse thing-it is harder for men esp. at first. Wait until he can feel the baby and he might be more excited. Try not to take it to heart. Men have a lot to think about and put up with when they have a pregnant spouse to take care of.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Unfortunately it IS normal to be throwing up a lot. Your body is going through so many changes and is growing a baby... that takes so much work and your body is going to do lots of weird things.. so just hang in there. Men react different to pregnancy... they are scared and happy at the same time. They don't know what to do either, so they have to figure it out and get themselves comfortable with the situation first before they can help you.... my hubby worked so much that I was home alone a lot dealing with it myself. I had double the sickness, double the tiredness, double EVERYTHING b/c I had twins.... you just learn to deal with it and know that it will all be over before you know it... stay in contact with your doctor.. that is what he/she is there for... there for you to call with questions or anything.... make sure you stay in contact with good friends and family members to help you out along the way too.
    mommymelissa24

Answer by mommymelissa24 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My first 4 months all I did was throw up and yeah unfourantly it is normal. Hubby and I went thru this too he couldn't understand what I was going thru because my first wasn't like this but after time he came around and he did the whole "just stop crying" and he told him he hated seeing me cry because he felt helpless and that was the only way he knew to express it
    allisha_mom2B2

Answer by allisha_mom2B2 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• It depends on how much and how often you are throwing up. It is normal to throw up every day, several times a day. It is not normal when it starts adversely affecting your health. I had hypermesis something-or-other during my last pregnancy, and almost had to be hospitalized. Didn't matter what I ate, couldn't keep it down. I lost 21 pounds in 5 weeks. Also felt tired and drained ALL the time. If you have these problems, make sure you talk to your doctor about it. It is VERY serious. Keep your head up...it does get better ;o)
    littlefishes3

Answer by littlefishes3 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• you need to eat on a regular basis - morning sickness can be all day long- if you are crying alot talk to your doctor - its hard for men to get into the prego thing my dh said that when he first saw our daughter after delivery it finally got to him that this is his baby and he is a dad now!
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 2:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Oh yes yuck with my first child I had morning sickness 24/7 all 9 months I didnt even gain 1 lb I lost like 15 lbs men they just dont get it.
    ksmommyof4

Answer by ksmommyof4 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My poor husband was so confused when I was pregnant with our first child. He ended up missing half the pregnancy (military life). He would be gone for 2 mths then come back and be in shock at how huge I had gotten. I had major nausea with the first pregnancy and found that ginger would ease the urge to purge. They sell ginger lollypops for pregnant women. But I would just eat the pickled ginger slices from the japanese food section. It helped I was living in Japan at the time too.
    Twitcha

Answer by Twitcha at 4:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2008