Shout Color catchers, have you tried them? Will you?

Color Catcher sheets are dye-trapping cloths that you throw in with a load of laundry to absorb and trap the loose dyes that can stain your clothes. The sheets allow you to mix more colors in a single laundry load while helping to whiten your whites and keep other colors vivid. The sheets themselves measure just over 7 inches by just under 7 inches and are a bit thicker than your average dryer sheet. They have a pleasant scent as well. Out of the box they are white, but after you do a load of laundry they soak up the dye so mine usually end up pink or a dingy blue-gray.
To use, you throw one sheet (or two if the load is very large) into the washing machine with your laundry. Use your usual detergents and other laundry-products as normal. After the wash is complete you just throw it away.
Would you use it?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 4:37 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Shopping

• I've been using them for several years. I usually only use them when I'm washing something new for the first time that's red or a dark color.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 4:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I don't really see a need for them...i wash all my clothes on cool/cold or cold/cold and in my 5 years of doing laundry ive not a problem with my colors running and ruining my other clothes.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• You actually wash a white shirt with a red dress?
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I think I'm too old school to believe that a little sheet will keep colors from running and keep my whites from getting dingy from the darks. Nice concept though.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• LOL Kenzie.. I am thinking the same thing, but I am a little curious...
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I LOVE them - I don't use them often, but once in a great while I have no choice but to wash odd colors together and they are a life saver! They aren't scented though - unless there's more than one variety and unscented is the only thing carried in my area.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 5:55 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I use them all the time!! Especially when washing new clothes for the first time, or this summer, when the kids took up tie-dying. Life savers!
    mybratsmom

Answer by mybratsmom at 7:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I have used them, and YES...they work! They are especially good when you're washing new blue jeans for the first time, sometimes those bleed dye pretty badly. I've also used them when my DD has made homemade tie-dye shirts at VBS. I would definitely try them if you're having a problem with dyes getting on other articles of clothing.
    yogapantz

Answer by yogapantz at 1:22 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• nah, i sort my clothes and usually only use warm water (not hot)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:30 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• no
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2010