Do I have a right to post on here anonymously?

I've been reading some pretty hateful things on here by people accusing and insinuating that there are anonymous "stalkers" on here...what does that mean? since I post on here anonymously and I know I am not the only one...are you calling me a stalker? Are you not Pro-Choice for women in all aspects of their lives or only certain ones?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• 1st off I am all for people posting annonymously the thing that pisses me off is the mom's who do it just to start crap with other people and they hide their face so they don't get hate mail. I answer everything as myself because well I simply dont care what others think of me and if you want to send me hate mail go ahead I have a delete button that automatically makes you disappear!
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 1:12 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• wait how did you go from being able to post anonymously to talking about pro choice? i dont get the question at all.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:15 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I think if you can't state your opinion and stand by it by showing who you are and you need to hide, then your opinion really doesn't matter. It's like the neighbor who witnesses a crime or someone who needs CPR and they hide looking out the window. They will be the first one to gossip and talk to the police, but they won't lend a hand to help save anyone or prevent anyone from dying. They are the ones who always make excuses why they didn't help, but are the people crying on the newscasts over the dead neighbors!
    akhlass

Answer by akhlass at 1:18 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I called one anonymous poster my little stalker because that is exactly what she was doing. going around attacking me whereever I posted. It is your choice and according to CM rules your right to post anonymous. However when people post anonymous to attack other posters or to post hateful things I have an issued with it. If you don't have the guts to show your face with a hateful post then it's because you know what you posted is wrong and only done to incite an argument. Personally I have absolutely no respect for someone to hide their face to harrass others. You know who else hide their face to spread hate? the KKK
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 1:18 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• There are REAL stalkers on here. I have a whole club of them which includes my psychopath mother, my ex's wife and my sister in law. Some of us need the anonymous button
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• you have the right to do anything you'd like. what a lot of the problem with anonymous posting is the majority of them are hate-filled, insuing arguments, especially in this forum and the religion/beliefs forum. people who sign their name are more likely to be tactful, respectful, and on-the-level, rather than vomiting insiduous crap without giving a second thought. (at least, that's my take on it. i could be wrong.)sure, some people who sign thier name will still be hateful..but its more likely to happen when they can remain 'unseen'..and i think the 'hatemail' excuse is just an excuse. like the first poster said, you can always delete something you get from a hater, then block them from future messages.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:23 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• YEA BUT THE THING ABOUT THE ANONYMOUS THING IS WOMEN ARE USING IT UP AND STARTING UP ALL KINDS OF THINGS BY SAYING DUMB STUFF...I FEEL IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY , SAY IT, DONT HIDE .
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:51 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I have no idea what prompted this question, but personally, I view those who post as anonymous as a bunch of chicken shits. See..there was something some-what controversial, and I'll proudly display my name by it :)

msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 2:13 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• msmoody... LMAO. I love love your answer.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 2:15 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Please point us to the post that states that all anonymous posters are stalkers OR that you cannot post anonymously.
    I'd say the majority of anonymous posters are, in fact, cowards or malicious. There are some who post anonymously to be able to ask about something they are not comfortable revealing publicly, but the majority that I've seen are making chickenshit posts and hiding behind the veil of anonymity. It's really sad.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:29 AM on Oct. 9, 2008