I'm really confused about how wah businesses hire?

I'm confused. Moms on here send me pm's about their wah job, and many I have researched online are programs teaching you how to get rich quick, or it seems like they are selling me something...I just want to be a dang employee for some business, not pay money for this and that.....why are wah business so low key and not say what they do in the first place? why cant they say "this is what we do...if you'd like to be an employee send a resume to...."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• some dont say they want you to watch a video or something or another..most jobs are by application and are straight forward..home businesses arent very up front they dont give a good description until you ask tons of questions and many people get into a business not even knowing what to do with it or how much they are paying for the quota, products you have to buy or memberships..many are mlm or you only get paid for people who sign up as your downline.... . direct sales are straight forward..you sell and grow your business.. i love working from home but i have been apart of many of the scams..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 4:50 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• The majority of them are MLMs or pyramid schemes. Many are based off of referring people to increase website traffic. In all reality, true WAH jobs are rare. Most often, as in medical transcription, you have to work for someone in their office for a minimum of 2 years before they will consider you working from home. I also hate the posts that you speak of. If you are doing something so great and want me to be a part of it, then tell me what the heck it is you actually do!! LOL. There are a few legitimate home jobs you can apply for. There are things like Virtual Assistants and such. But, they are extremely hard to find and get.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 4:50 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Because most WAH opportunities are for direct sales or for business franchises. You pay for your own start up package and you are not an employee, you're a contractor. They make money off of you if you sell, but they don't have to pay you anything if you don't sell. A lot of the women who advetise on here sell for MLM business. What that means is not only do they make a commission on their own sales, they earn a commission on the sales of everyone they have recruited.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• thanks for clarifying ladies! I knew it wasnt just me lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I don't do any of that. I simply find jobs and opportunites and post them on my Blog: Mavi's Home Work

Feel free to look through at all the postings, or if you don't want to, that's fine too!  LOL!!!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 6:23 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• That is one of my pet peeves. I have a work at home JOB and I have a work at home BUSINESS.
    I have the job for now money and I have the business because I want to build financial freedom.
    In my work at home group I make sure that everyone is honest about what they are doing.
    We have LEGIT, Free, online JOBS that you can apply for. Over 400 moms have gotten a job paying anywhere from $2-$14.50/hr
    Check it out http://www.cafemom.com/group/30431/
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 11:21 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• JOBS:
    NEVER pay for as you are working FOR someone. You'll go through the app process just as if you were working outside the home FOR someone else. The hours are "usually" set as well as the pay. These are harder to find.
    BUSINESS:
    You work for YOU & make income for YOU. You will have a cost of running your business, but more flexible as you are your own boss & the income will be greater in the long run.
    I do AMERIPLAN, a Benefits company and help others save $$ on things like Dental/Health, Legal/Financial, ID Theft & more.. We have an A rating with the BBB & have tons of other great credentials. Daily Pay~Benefits~Training~NO cold calling/selling, these are just a few great reasons I work with Ameriplan.

Good Luck :-)
    (keep asking lots of ??)

ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 2:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2010