What response would you typically give a person, who are intrusive with your children care, especially in Public

I was in a local safeway store.. and most of employee for check out are senior women, they like to correct, judge and discipline other childrens people. Its irritating enough that today someone gave a big tone of voice , sounding with judgement on how i parent.. i have still bit my tounge not to escalte things but i cant help my eyes, it rolled away!
BTW, im emailing corporate store hopefully to retrain employees.

Anna.K

Asked by Anna.K at 4:48 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'd have stared her down and said,"excuse me??!!"

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:49 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• lol.....other childrens people.....heee heee. sorry but yeah they have no right, unless you were beating on your child. which hopefully that is not the case. i dont disagree with a pop on the butt but you know. just ignore it.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 4:50 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Have a talk with her supervisor immediately, if that doesn't work, talk to the manager and so on...! I know the type, there are some old woman that can never keep their opinions to themselves.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 4:50 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• thank her for her advice and keep on moving....
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 4:50 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I don't think that she was doing anything that was inappropriate for HER generation. In that generation it was okay for a person to say something to a child who was getting out of line if a parent wasn't paying attention. If you have a problem with that then you need to talk to her manager.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• "Your job is to ring up my groceries, not to raise my children." If they have a rebuttle you simply interrupt and say "My parenting is my choice. Just as your parenting, if you raised children, was your choice. Whether we agree or not is irrelvent."
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i usually just nod and move a long, im not just in the mood today.. like im not in the mood for someone else to tell me how to run my families show.. its like just coming up to a person and saying gee your hair looks pooffy, its ugly get rid of it!... funny part.. My boys are obviously boys 2, 4 ( inside a cart with cars, pushing each other here and der.. im just happy that they are near my site while taking care of my bills ) its not like i have not seen worse, i just wanna get my grocery shopping done and dealt with.
    Anna.K

Comment by Anna.K (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• If it was an elderly lady, I would consider her adivce and go about my day. I appreciate that some strangers care to speak up in certain situations. Besides, she may have some insight since she has years of life experience. I also have a special place in my heart for the elderly. :-)
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 5:03 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• tell her her to mind her own damn business.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 5:04 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I think it depends on why she felt compelled to speak up. If it has to do with my kids funny hair, or the chocolate on his face....well, she should probably keep it to herself. If my kids are running around inappropriately, touching things they shouldn't, or otherwise disruptive to other shoppers, then she might have a right to say something, she has a responsibility to other customers. So, I think I would consider the situation before becoming upset. I have 3 boys, and there were times when instead of being upset that someone said something to me, I was a little embarrassed by my kids behavior.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:09 PM on Aug. 23, 2010