How do you deal with stress when there is no one around to help with your kids?

Alot of my house and family issues are starting to stress me out and during the day I am totally on my own. I'm just curious what other people do to battle stress during a long day?

Cotemommy

Asked by Cotemommy at 4:48 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Health

• cry

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:49 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I go for a walk. I walk to the 7 eleven and get a pepsi or slurpy.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 4:50 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Get drunk! lol Just kidding... take a bath, definitely have the kiddos take a nap at one point during the day for some alone time.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 4:52 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• i get out . we go to the park library errands playgroups etc... housework will always be there enjoy your kids and educate them along the way
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 4:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• When I need out of the mess to clear my head and have nobody to watch my kids (which is everyday), I strap them in the stroller and we go for a long walk. The excersise, the fresh air, the sunshine (when there is sun) helps release the stress. I also tend to rely on naptime (Luckily my kids still take naps) to help me relax. I either take a shower, listen to music, or clean. When the kids are awake I can still blast the music, sing along, dance, or just sit and listen. My kids have a playroom, so if I need to I can turn on a video in there and toss them both in. They ususally stay put and I get to have a few moments to myself.

If you have the option of driving somewhere (which I do not) you could go to the park, go to the zoo, the children's museum. Just you amd the kids to have some fun and get away from the daily stress.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:54 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I think every mom should have a quiet hour every afternoon. The children don't have to go to sleep, but they have to go to their rooms and do something quietly for one hour. Set the timer, and teach your children to read or color or whatever they may enjoy doing during that one hour. Then you do the same thing. It's wonderful discipline for the children and it's a break for mom.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I take them wherever I can so thewy can run and play and get tired. If I have to I send them to their rooms and go to my own for 10 minutes.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:59 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Cry! (@ButterflyBlue19) Hahaha, I love that. That's exactly what I did with my first two. I would run to the kitchen and cry into the dishtowel. Eventually I got the hang of things...well, as much as any one can at least.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 5:03 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I never had help...my first two were 14 months apart....it was a nightmare to do the simplest things... I hated grocery shopping until they were old enough to sit in one of those double seat carts. I got creative... I would put one in the swing and one in the pen, turn on a movie and go snow blow the driveway. The minute they fell asleep for a nap, I would run outside and speed cut my lawn. I took the garbage out at 2am inbetween loads of laundry. I did laundry and cleaned my house at all hours of the day and night. I only remember having one melt down... I counted to 10 and then got over it. This last little peep was a breeze! Hell, I used to take him to work with me!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 5:32 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I send them to their rooms and don't allow them out til I'm feeling better (going to my room and leaving them to their own devices in the house is NOT an option!).
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 5:51 PM on Aug. 23, 2010