Did you go to your high school reunion?

I went to my 20th on Saturday. Those people made me remember why I wanted to kill myself in high school! Out of 120 people,4 remembered me. I remembered at least 3 quarters of them. It was a room full of pompous people pretending to be happy to see one another when you could tell they couldn't care less. Everyone sat stiff in their chairs like they had sticks up their butts! A few eventually got up to mingle. I spoke with 4 ladies that were really nice to me,2 of which were my remember-ers! Overall,it was a mistake to go. Now I see why all the cool people skipped it!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 4:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope. My 20th is in 5 years but I didn't go to the 5th or 10th reunions. the kids I hung out with in school aren't the type to go to reunions.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:00 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• ah, that is awful! I never even knew about my 10th reunion and my 20th will be coming up here in 2012. I wonder if they will let me know? Jerks. I freaken hated high school.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 5:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I've been out for 26 years... I have never gone to one them... My sister who has been out for 27 years, never misses them. They get together to see who got fat, who lost their hair, who got divorced, who got the primo job and the big house...etc...etc...etc... I have this theory, why in the hell would I want to spend an evening, telling the same boring story over and over and over again to people I have not seen in over two decades. What is the point?
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 5:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I went to my 10th. All the typical jerks were there in all their glory. Didn't go to my 20th cuz my ex wouldn't let me. Helped coordinate my 30th. But, couldn't go due to my grandpa's 90th birthday bash. My grandpa was WAY more important to me.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 5:02 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I'm the type to get right in there and have fun. Mingle,have a drink,get some food,talk up a storm,and these folks just stuck with the ones they came with and ignored anyone they didn't recognize. At least I won a door prize! I got a Matrix shampoo gift bag!

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• no.. we haven't had one.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 5:04 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I went to my 10th and 20th. I had a great time both times. I loved hearing what people did with their lives, see who 'made it' and who wasted time. I danced with my friends, had a good meal, and giggled.

Some times you have to make your own fun. You cant go through life expecting others to make you happy. Who cares if people didnt remember you. You need focus on the 4 who were nice and you go forward from there.

People dont want to hang around those that focus on the negitive.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 5:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• oh... I posted before I saw your second bit.

SEE... you DID have fun... and won a door prize to boot!

Good!!!
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 5:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I'll be coming up to my 10th year in 2012, but they have an "alumni dinner" every year instead of reunions, so EVERYONE that's ever gone to the high school if they're still alive go to it. Some people I swear never miss it! I don't go because only hung out with a few select people, and those people I keep up with on facebook. The rest of them I really dont care about! I have no reason to go to them.
    bethanysmom1007

Answer by bethanysmom1007 at 5:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I went to my 10 year reunion. It was fun. True most of the people didn't remember me. But I did get to eat dinner, talk and had fun getting my picture taken. It was worth it to me.
    extremelibrary

Answer by extremelibrary at 5:19 PM on Aug. 23, 2010