Is there anything I can do? (Ebay)

So, I bought this shirt on Ebay about 2 months ago and it never came. I finally contacted the lady and she gave me this story about how she had sent 10 packages and all the people were saying they hadn't come yet. I waited a few more weeks and contacted her again. She acted all surprised and said she would refund me. I gave her a postive feedback for refunding me even though the item was lost. Well guess what, I just randomly searched on Ebay the same item today, and there it was, relisted, exactly the same. It was a used item so I highly doubt she has more than one of them. I'm kind of shocked, and kind of not surprised at the same time. I mean, she acted like it was so nice of her to refund me and she never left me any feedback. She doesn't owe me anything since she did refund the money, but I sure wish there was a way to retract my positive feedback and warn future buyers!

JenEliBella

Asked by JenEliBella at 1:11 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Shopping

• I am unsure of what you can do esp since you left the positive feedback, please learn from this and never ever post feedback until you recieve the item. If you don't do that and you pay through paypal chances are you can have your money refunded if you complain
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 1:15 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Have you contacted Ebay?
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 1:20 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• file an unreceived item dispute through paypal. But you may be screwed since you left FB. Ebay owns Paypal.
    PiscesRooster

Answer by PiscesRooster at 1:20 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Is there not somewhere you can report this vendor to Ebay? Or can you post another feedback without a purchase. Just wondering? I know I'm answering a ? with a ? but am curious for my own info down the road.
    meme4x

Answer by meme4x at 1:23 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• She refunded me already, that's not the issue, it's the dishonesty that's the issue.
    JenEliBella

Answer by JenEliBella at 1:33 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• How long after she refunded you was the item reposted? Maybe it was returned to her and since she had already refunded you she just reposted it.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 11:40 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• It's been maybe 3 weeks, Anything is possible, but don't you think it would be more ethical to let me know and ask me if I want to buy it again if that were the case? I mean, I'm still thinking it's lost and could show up any day and I was planning on repaying her when it did. Anyway, I won the item for $1.99 and I think she was expecting it to go up more. I did notice she raised her shipping price this time.
    JenEliBella

Answer by JenEliBella at 12:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• All I can say is geve her the benefit of the doubt and don't buy from her again... I have mailed items that were lost and were then returned to me months later when found. Since she would have been the return address on them chances are IF they were ever lost they were returned to her and since she refunded you she just relisted...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i would just let it go--- i bought dd a coat-- and then a few days later- saw it listed again- and I still had not received mine yet-- I emailed her and she told me this was her neices one- and so this wasn't the one I bought-- and a day later-- mine showed up!! I felt terrible for doubting her!!
    Happy-Duckof6

Answer by Happy-Duckof6 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I wrote her and she wrote me "all offended" and said she found it in the back of her car and didn't think I would still be interested. I'm still not sure, why would I not be interested in at least knowing she found it?? So anyway, I told her it's ok, it's just a shirt, but that I was upset she never told me.
    JenEliBella

Answer by JenEliBella at 11:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2008