Alone

Lately I've been feeling so empty and alone inside. I think I may be suffering from Depression (my mom has/had it) I do have an appointment on Friday. But I just don't know if it will help. I have no friends here anymore. It really sucks and i feel bad for my daughter as well because she doesn't get anyone to really play with at all on the days I don't babysit my nephew. I just don't know what to do.

KrazyKutie

Asked by KrazyKutie at 5:01 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Health

• Hang in there....you can make it til Friday. I hope the appointment really helps. Be honest and thorough when describing your feelings. Is your DD at an age that you can go to the local library story hour? it is usually a nice break and you can even see what other activities the library offers either for kids or adults. I wish you all the best.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• hugsI know how you feel.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Elizabr my DD is 21 months old so I'm not sure. I love spending time with her I just get in these moods where I just wanna sit around and do nothing. Maybe thats my problem though. I should go out. Friends or not! I'm really hoping the appointment helps. I actually admitted being depressed to my DH and family about a week ago. So they are supporting me through this as well as best as they can.
    Butterflyblue19. Thanks. It sucks to feel how I do. I hope you start feeling better too!
    KrazyKutie

Comment by KrazyKutie (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• 21 months would be a great age to try the story hour. You'll know after going for one or two times if it will be something she likes. Yes, get out to the library, for a walk, or just for some fresh air and the sun on your face. Do you enjoy long baths, maybe some stretching exercises, or meditating? Sometimes these things can help calm you too. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:16 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I really appreciate you trying to help me! Its helping tons actually talking about it. :] I'll definitely take her to the library for story time a few times and see how that goes! :]
    KrazyKutie

Comment by KrazyKutie (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• You should get out of the house!!! Even if you are just heading to the mall and walk around or a park, it will make you feel so much better. The fresh air, the people it is a first step and you can meet other Mommies at parks, playgrounds and places like that. I know exactly what you are going through. I have been there, more than once. Pick your chin up get out and think about what you want to change. Envision it, work on it and things will work out.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:46 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• :] Thank you Melbornj. I'll do just that. once I get my DDs stroller back from my moms house. >.< It just gets SO hot here in az. but Mall walking sounds like a plan. Just gotta make sure my DH takes away my debit card!
    KrazyKutie

Comment by KrazyKutie (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Yes, as Melbornj posts - find activities in your neighborhood. Read the local paper for free activities. Circulate, circulate, circulate - we all need somebody.

Good luck to you sweet thing.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:17 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Talk to your Dr. ASAP.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 11:20 PM on Aug. 23, 2010