Does anyone have a Shiba Inu?

We "rescued" my fathers girlfirends Shiba inu when she was just going to dump this poor 9 week old puppy in the streets of boston because he pooped on the floor. OMG really? He pooped on the floor??? Well it was raining and she didnt want to go out...makes sence to me...( wth? )

He is now 4 months old. Beautiful dog. But not so lovable? He just doesn't want the love and affection that I have always given to ever other dog. Is this normal?? He is GREAT with the kids though!

jellis

Asked by jellis at 5:01 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Pets

• That is quite common for Shibas. They tend to be a somewhat aloof. Check this link out, it seems to be pretty dead on for what I know of Shibas and their personalities. http://shibas.org/docs/Shiba_Brochure_color2.pdf Am glad to hear the little one has a good home now instead of where he was.
    jojuzach

Answer by jojuzach at 7:24 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Never had one, but thank you so much for taking it in!
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 7:36 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• no and i have heard the same. also that they howl more then they actually bark unless i have that confused with another dog. they seem to be more primal then domesticated.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:37 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• That is very normal for them. I have heard many people who have them say that they are more cat like than dog like. They are great dogs, but are aloof when it comes to petting and loving on them.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 8:17 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• you rock

MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:01 PM on Aug. 23, 2010