Why is it okay for the USA to provide free health care for Iraq citizens but not USA citizens?

USAID has helped strengthen essential primary health care services throughout Iraq. USAID-supported emergency campaigns in 2005 alone immunized 98% of children between 1-5 years old (3.62 million) against measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) and 97% of children under five (4.56 million) against polio. USAID partners have trained 11,400 staff at over 2,000 community-based centers in almost every province to managing malnutrition in children. Over 600 primary health care centers have been provided with 'clinic in a box' kits of key equipment and furniture; over 2,500 primary health care workers have been trained to expand the availability of essential primary health care services to children under five.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Is not right. I hate taht so much of our tax money is used to take care of other countries yet the people at home are not taken care of. take care of home first. Do you know how many veterans are homeless and mentally ill? take car eof them first.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 1:33 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• forgot the link.
    http://www.usaid.gov/iraq/accomplishments/health.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• and same thing why is it ok for them to help illegals its not none of what they do is right hell maybe i should had been born else were and came here maybe id get better treatment
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• WOW, THIS KINDA PISSES ME OFF, STUFF HAS TO BE DONE ABOUT THAT!!

THATS ONE MORE REASON I LOVE MCCAIN BECAUSE HE SAID HIMSELF ON VIDEOTHAT I SAW THAT HE WAS GOING TO STOP GIVING OUT MONEY TO COUNTRIES THAT DON'T EVEN LIKE US...

OBAMA IS PROLLY JUST GOING TO INVITE MORE OVER.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:22 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• THATS ONE MORE REASON I LOVE MCCAIN BECAUSE HE SAID HIMSELF ON VIDEOTHAT I SAW THAT HE WAS GOING TO STOP GIVING OUT MONEY TO COUNTRIES THAT DON'T EVEN LIKE US...

this was done by his buddy BUSH
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• And the rebublicans want to stay there as long as they can...They need to go there and do it themselvs and not use my tax dollars I so sick of this mess...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

MCCAIN WANTS TO STAY THERE FOR YEARS GET REAL WAKE UP HE IS GOING TO KEEP GIVING OUR TAX MONEY TO IRAQ....
    homemom1620

Answer by homemom1620 at 8:00 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I don't think they should give it to anyone. That's just my opinion. Leave that for charity agencies...
    AggieMamacita

Answer by AggieMamacita at 8:49 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• It's not!
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 10:18 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

Oh yeah, they are really do a GREAT job!
    If you leave something like healthcare just to charity agencies (because many Americans cannot afford healthcare) you wind up with things like the rural health clinics. Which are great but it is one day every 6 months or so and people have to wait in line for HOURS (even waiting in line the night before) because you can only see so many people in one day... many people have to leave at the end of the day without being seen by a doctor.

Healthcare should be left to charities alone, there aren't enough to cover the millions who have no health insurance. Healthcare should be a right for ALL people in our country, not just a privilege for those who can afford it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Oct. 9, 2008