Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Decorating Around Wood Paneling

The apartment I am about to move into has white wood paneling. We are not allowed to paint it, but I hate white walls. How do I go about adding colour to the walls with out painting them?


Asked by Amelora at 5:09 PM on Aug. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

Level 14 (1,663 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • When I moved into my current apartment we thought we wouldn't be able to paint and it has white walls and so I was going to put wall decals on to make it more liveable they might have some that are small enough to go on the wall panels on this site

    I like the decorative picture frame idea too! Also when I lived with my parents my room had wood paneling (which luckily I was allowed to paint, but the painting was a pain lol) but of course it still had the paneling look so I bought a whole bunch of canvas's in different sizes and painted them in the colors of my bed spread and put them up (I went the modern art way since I'm not too great of a painter lol) and then on one of the canvas's I scrapbooked it to make it more personal.

    Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 5:31 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

  • My Husband is a carpenter and does a lot of home repairs. He says that there is not a great option. If you put up Border, it will mess up the wall paneling when you go to take it down.

    My Best suggestion would be to get some picture frames and make them docrative like putting fabric cut outs in them and etc. If you make things to hang on the wall then it won't look so bare and you won't be messing up the wall.

    Good Luck.

    Answer by hsmominky at 5:26 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

  • Border paper is an easy installation and removal option. Make a collage of framed botanical prints. Hang a pretty tapestry on the wall you see when you enter the room.

    Answer by LoriKeet at 5:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

  • you can hang fabric... but it is kind of expensive.
    you can google how to do it.

    Answer by sahlady at 5:16 PM on Aug. 23, 2010